Author Topic: The Other Burgundy Car I brought Recently . . . . 4th Gen CAMARO (II) Project  (Read 3904 times)

Roadkill

Anyway, It's not burgundy.  

IT'S DARK RED !!!

Roadkill

Collected her today from near Battle.

Spent the morning at Camber Sands (not fussed) then went on to Hastings for the afternoon before picking her up and bringing her back.

Just got back.  I'll add more tomorrow.

I need a shower.

Roadkill

Looks familiar ?

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Another american car lol looks a nice shine on it!

how comes you bought it then - project or fancy a yank run about - what engine in it?

Amey

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Ho
    • View Profile
Cool what engine's in it?

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Quoting: Roadkill
Spent the morning at Camber Sands (not fussed)
Quote (selected)

lol not the first person to say that !!

Quote from: Roadkill
then went on to Hastings for the afternoon before picking her up and bringing her back.

Just got back. I'll add more tomorrow.

I need a shower.

Ah blimey fair ol trek down to get it then

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile

Looks familiar ?

Grass is shorter in that one lol

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile

Nice

Same questions as the Pages above
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
Looks familiar ?

Déjà vu

Quoting: ianjpage
looks a nice shine on it!

To be fair any car looks shiny next to the 3rd Gen

Quoting: Amey
Cool  what engine's in it?

Guess you missed having a Yank you can actually drive

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
Looks familiar ?

Yeah, but the grass looks older and the road more oil stained than it used to...

What's the spec?

Andy

You know how I said 'lush'once and you said I deserve a slap, well likewise! It's bought, not brought... Tut!

Anyway!

Nice one! Same questions as above lol

They do look nice from above the 4th gens, but look a bit dull in side profile :(

Roadkill

On the mobile - can't be arsed to type too much so will update later.  :)

Roadkill

Quoting: Andy
It's bought, not brought

T'is true.  I bought it with cash but brought it back home.

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Manual?!

Nice, I would have another 4th gen....

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Ahh, nice - manual v6 rather unusual!    

Hmm not sure on the 3.4 engine...

Roadkill

It's a real time-capsule.  Incredible, really.  The 3.4's work very well in front of the 5-speeds.  Certainly the best handling 4th gen I've driven, too.

Deserves a full run down, but I'm back on the phone !

Very, very happy.  Especially for such little out-lay.

:)

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
I might have some parts for that which you're welcome to, as soon as I find them!  Service items I think, Fieldy, what did you give me when I had the car from you?

Andy

Cheap as chips that! Depress me and tell me how little you paid for insurance

Roadkill

Quoting: Andy
Depress me and tell me how little you paid for insurance

£208, with No NCB (used on the Mondeo), fully comp.

Quoting: EDGE
I might have some parts for that which you're welcome to

It has just been serviced but they'd be handy.

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
£208, with No NCB (used on the Mondeo), fully comp

Adrian Flux?

Roadkill

Quoting: Incursus
Flux?

Yes.

As mentioned she's in excellent condition.  

Interior, I'd say, was 95% perfect.  
No loose panels, no broken switches, no creaks, no rattles and no broken door/window switch panel clips.
Seats appear totally unmarked.  Head lining is perfect.
Original front-loader Bose tape deck stereo (which works perfectly and doesn't chew tapes) complete with original speakers.  
Glass is all good, haven't noticed any chips or scratches.  
Everything works, windows, mirrors, Cruise (not tested the A/C properly but it engages).
Plastic trunk panels all intact and unbroken.  Even came with a parcel shelf tonneau cover !!

Exterior is very good.  Haven't noticed any dents.  Minor scratches on O/S rear bumper.  Slight grazing to lower nose cone chin.  General minor scraches that look like they'd T-Cut out.
One broken side indicator lens but she came supplied with TWO replacements.

She's got just 70,000 miles on the clock.

Engine bay is a little dusty but looks totally unbutchered.  Recently serviced.
Slight whine from the belts but I remember my old one was the same.  Plenty of power through all gears.  Has a slight and occasional "miss" under load, in top gear when accelerating up a hill from low revs - changing down obviously resolves this (could be quite normal as I'm used to my Diesel !!)
Clutch is heavy (but not Alfa-like-heavy), which is good.
Gearbox is good and solid, although a tad "loose" (that said a shifter would make it perfect)

Tyres are good, 2 very good, 2 still with ample life.

Wheels are in good shape, no major kerbing or scrapes but the centre caps have started to de-laquer, some badly, but the rims themselves have survived quite well.

Came with all MoT's for its U.K-based life and receipts for a yearly service while in the U.K, too.  
A load of receipts for parts (most for tyres and bulbs although I found one for a rear brake slave cylinder)

Two brand new Monroe rear shocks in the trunk which may go on eBay as the ride feels fine to me.

Came with the original (Florida) dealer paperwork, brouchure and salesman's business card.  Plus all the GM handbooks, warranty info, delivery notes and user/service manuals.

I've also got BOTH the original sets of keys, complete with TWO remote door and trunk entry key fobs that BOTH work !!!

Not sure what I'm doing with her yet . . . . It was one of those auctions that looked too good to be true.  So I bid.  And won.  There was little more thought than that, really.

I may keep her for a bit but I don't really have the space so I'll probably put a "For Sale" sign up if I go to a car show and see what happens . . I'm positive that I'll make a bit when she goes.

We'll see.

Andy

Sounds a peach that! Can't knock that price on insurance... Grr! I've been told 25 is now the minimum age all the brokers will even think of looking at to quote me. So touch wood, next year I'll be looking for something similar or eyeing up Daves

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Quoting: EDGE
I might have some parts for that which you're welcome to, as soon as I find them! Service items I think, Fieldy, what did you give me when I had the car from you?

A small box full of stuff. I forget what though. It's a weird habit I have. I currently have a box in the boot of the XJ8 with an oil filter, an air filter and a fuel filter. Plus one brake bulb

Wouldn't be too weird, but they have been there since the end of the first week of owning the car!

Probably will get into a habit one day of fitting them onto the cars....

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile

Two brand new Monroe rear shocks in the trunk which may go on eBay as the ride feels fine to me.

Hmm i'd be interested in them if they'd fit vickys car as all of her's will need doing for the MOT

does sound a real good car then!