Author Topic: The Other Burgundy Car I brought Recently . . . . 4th Gen CAMARO (II) Project  (Read 3906 times)

Roadkill

Quoting: ianjpage
Hmm i'd be interested in them if they'd fit vickys car as all of her's will need doing for the MOT

I plan to rag it about at somepoint to test everything out but if all's O.K they'll be up for grabs.

I'm guessing they'll fit all forth gens as the floor pans are the same . . . May depend on the axle casings but I'd guess all V6's certainly were fitted with the same.

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Quoting: Roadkill
I plan to rag it about at somepoint to test everything out but if all's O.K they'll be up for grabs.

I'm guessing they'll fit all forth gens as the floor pans are the same . . . May depend on the axle casings but I'd guess all V6's certainly were fitted with the same.

Cool, keep us in mind then if they are surplus!

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Quoting: Fieldy

A small box full of stuff. I forget what though. It's a weird habit I have. I currently have a box in the boot of the XJ8 with an oil filter, an air filter and a fuel filter. Plus one brake bulb

wot no tow rope...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Genuinely, yes, I have one of those in the Jag right now.

Didn't mention it before as it isn't inside the box....

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Oh, and a tyre pressure machine

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Oh, and Dean, the more I look at that Camaro, it seems like a bargain....

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
Quoting: art b
tow rope

Genuinely, yes, I have one of those in the Jag right now.

Don't let plod catch you using it...

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
I currently have a box in the boot of the XJ8 with an oil filter, an air filter and a fuel filter. Plus one brake bulb

Dads XJ8 just blew It's air intake clean off and blasted a hole in the air box

Roadkill

Had a bit of fun on the Leighton Buzzard bypass with a Bimmer 330i earlier

She goes well.  

I am reminded why I found the Third Gens a better drive, though.

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
i seem to remeber it going fairly well, the little 3.4 isnt too bad really, ive driven slower

Roadkill

This one feels a bit quicker than my other one I had - that one was a 3.4 as well.  It could be the fact that this one is in better condition or just that it feels faster 'cos it's a manual.

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
Quoting: Roadkill
This one feels a bit quicker than my other one I had - that one was a 3.4 as well. It could be the fact that this one is in better condition or just that it feels faster 'cos it's a manual.

Or you've spent too much time pootling along in the diesel Mondeo, my Mustang feels fast when I get back into it despite both having similar 0-60 stats. (sad I know)

...or maybe my foot just gets a little heavier in the Mustang.

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Quoting: Titsy
Don't let plod catch you using it...

I know, I really need to buy a bar.... It's crazy how little they enforce that though, I see loads of people using ropes still

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Quoting: Incursus
Or you've spent too much time pootling along in the diesel Mondeo, my Mustang feels fast when I get back into it despite both having similar 0-60 stats. (sad I know)

My Mondeo feels quick compared to the Jag, but I put that down to me relaxingly driving the Jag and throwing the Manual Mondeo around.... it's a 2.0 petrol so is pretty quick, it's also the older, smaller model which I guess makes a small difference too...

I put it mostly down to the Manual box Dean

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
I know, I really need to buy a bar

you sound like you have adapted to havin a jag...

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Tis all about the preparation....

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
its news to me that tow ropes are illegal ...

This is from the Police National Legal Database:

"When the vehicles are attached solely by a rope or chain, the maximum distance allowed between the vehicles is 4.5 metres.

If the distance between the two vehicles exceeds 1.5 metres then the rope or chain must be made clearly visible within a reasonable distance from either side to other road users. This is usually done by tying a coloured flapping cloth in the middle of the rope or chain.

The person in the broken down vehicle must be a qualified driver as he is actually driving the vehicle. A further point is that if it is dark then the broken down vehicle must have its lights on as it would under normal circumstances."

Note: Vehicles are only to be towed on motorways, for the minimum distance necessary, to reach a place of safety where recovery may be effected by a recovery vehicle.

And from Avon & Somerset Police Website :

There is no minimum length of tow rope or chain but the maximum length is 4.5m. Any tow rope longer than 1.5m must be marked to alert other road users. One way of doing this is to attach one or more brightly coloured ties to the rope. The law does not specify the type of rope or chain to be used.

Roadkill

I use a 3T lifting strop.  Nylon rope always snags and breaks.  You could hang the car off of a strop !

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Oh, I thought it had to be a bar now......

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
Oh, I thought it had to be a bar now......

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
My bad, clearly an urban myth...

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
I heard the same about 6 months ago....

Anyway, OT

Roadkill

Ordered and received my new aerial from the states.

Need to fit.

Fitted a shiny set of tyre valve caps as the old ones were missing/split/crap.

The only other thing that she would benefit from is a new set of centre caps as 3 out of 4 of the current ones are badly de-laquered.

So I just brought a set on ebay for £27.

I'll get her cleaned soon and post some decent pictures.

Roadkill

Aerial's fitted although not connected . . no biggie as from memory the stereo pre-sets don't match U.K frequencies . . .

The replacement centre caps turned up yesterday, too . . . gonna give the wheels a clean and hopefully get them on later.

Gator

• Filthy Ho
    • View Profile
how many motors are you up to ? 3 at my last count