Author Topic: EDGE's Fox  (Read 10423 times)

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2009, 11:24:00 am »
fogot to update this.........

rear end is now off, the car looks like its hovering on the driveway, is about a foot in the air on axle stands with nothing hanging in the arches at all... its all gone !

all of the engine loom/dash loom is out and labled up, just got to pull the rest of the interior out to access the last of the loom then this one is done !

turns out someone wants to buy the shell to make a race car out of too!! they're cutting it off from the windscreen and everything behind that is arrow straight... happy days.. just got to figure out how to get it off the driveway without damaging the floor......

Im thinking of welding a couple of castors on to the subframe connectors, cant think of any other way really, unless i get 8 or so people, then we can just lift it and cary it. its surpisingly easy to move now all the heavy stuff has gone!!!

I have some more pics which I'll upload

Roadkill

EDGE's Fox
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2009, 11:26:00 am »
Quoting: EDGE
Im thinking of welding a couple of castors on to the subframe connectors

That'll work just fine.

unless i get 8 or so people

Probably do it with six, easy, if you took the doors / tailgate off.

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2009, 12:04:58 pm »
hmmm.... better buy some new castors then.. the ones i have wont take the weight..

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2010, 06:37:14 pm »
wow...

i'd almost forgotten about this thread !

so, the shell of the car has gone, went just before Christmas in fact, Tom is dropping the centre of the shell over a full tube race chassis from hauser with a twin turbo small block ford in it, should be nippy !!

I must have had a knock on the head this afternoon as I don'd the old tshirt and went and started work on the parts I had in the garage!

So far I've fitted a new dizzy cap/arm to the motor in the garage which is going in the car asap.  But mostly I've been refurbing the gas tank.  I've fitted a new Ford oem fuel level sender unit, a new vent valve and generally given it all a thourough clean!  I've also taken the plastic tank guard and rubbed it down with 400/600/800/1200 wet and dry, its currently hanging on the fence drying after bing given 2 coats of black vinyl pigment.  It looks brand new in colour, just a shame it has some quite deep scratches/gouges..  Still... if anyone looks under the car it'll looks nice and clean :)

Next job is to change the oil filter on the motor, pull off the wiring loom completely and tidy it up, then reinstall.  

Anyone know of the best way to clean all the ali parts?  they're all white and powdery but all complex shapes so the dremel with a brass brush is a no-goer...

Andy

EDGE's Fox
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2010, 07:04:31 pm »
Are they delicate parts?

We occasionally have to clean ally parts and we used a fine grain sand/shot blaster. How big are they?

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2010, 08:35:03 am »
theyre not delicate parts no, its mainly the water pump and dizzy shaft that are the worst, and the timing chain cover is a close third!

I'm tempted to just buy new ones of each and be done with it??

Roadkill

EDGE's Fox
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2010, 08:52:28 am »
water pump

timing chain cover

You could paint them ?

That's how I've got round it many-a-times before . . . .

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2010, 10:28:35 am »
also a fair plan, what can you paint ali with, which primer specifically?

Roadkill

EDGE's Fox
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2010, 10:35:38 am »
Engine enamel should cover it without primer - that's what it's designed for.

I've not had any issue thus far . . .

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2010, 10:47:57 am »
hmmmmm...... i guess i should clean the powdery corrosion off first !!

infact, you can see the state of it on the first pic on this page !

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2010, 12:22:56 pm »
Anyone know of the best way to clean all the ali parts

2 things.

Either - Autoglym Cleanwheels sprayed onto a cloth.

Or Frost Ali Clean.  http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8784&frostProductName=Frost%20Ali-Clean%20(1%20Litre)&catID=&frostCat=&frostSubCat=&subCatID=

Both these items smell exactly the same, but the Frost Ali Clean has a stronger smell so I'm guessing its just more concentrated.  It also doesn't foam up as much.

I've used both, in the order above for getting stubborn brake dust off the backs of the IROC's wheels (with a lot of scrubbing) i've also used it as described above for cleaning my Alternator & intake plenum
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2010, 01:35:08 pm »
i see... so i figure ill clean them then paint them, depending on the prices of new bits :)

Roadkill

EDGE's Fox
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2010, 03:22:35 pm »
you can see the state of it on the first pic on this page !

(pics are blocked at work)

i guess i should clean the powdery corrosion off first !!

Some Scotchbrite will do that.

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2011, 05:13:10 pm »
meh.....

late and small update.. tried to start it today after being stood for 4 months, battery totally knackered..... bummer

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2013, 10:53:37 am »
And after another year I've still achieved the sum total of the square root of duck all :(

I even sold the headlights off it to some French bloke, took them off and sent them out but didn't bother fitting the new ones :(. I did finally buy a cervinis cowl hood though, only a 1 1/2 inch rise as it just for looks, looks lovely all pallet wrapped in the garage!

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2013, 12:59:04 pm »
You still got the swimming pool, i mean, car then

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2013, 09:50:08 am »
yeah, its very cold out though so I'm not doing a damn thing

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2013, 01:08:39 pm »
There has been progress... Repeat... There has been progress!!!

Andy

EDGE's Fox
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2013, 02:07:09 pm »
Christ...

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2013, 02:12:25 pm »
There has been progress... Repeat... There has been progress!!!

The water finally rusted it's way out?

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2013, 03:54:45 pm »
Lol.... I was going to take a pic but its very dark under e rear of the car which is where e progresses has been made.

I dropped the fuel tank to place the sender unit and rubber grommet around the filler neck (it was leaking really bad). While I was under there it dawned on me that I'd bought a panhard bar for it a year or so ago so I took to fitting that too!  Typically though it was missing a bolt so I had to search round fastener suppliers to find a 10.9 grade, m12, 110mm bolt, the only place in herts that could get close was norton fasteners in letchworth. They had class 12.9 in stock in an Allen key cap head bolt, I stocked up on other bits while I was there, never know what you'll need in the future right :)

Got to pull the engine and trans out this month (?) too.  I've sold them both :s

I've got the nice engine from the breaker to put in there, along with the t5 and manual pedal box.  And I'll be converting from speed density to MAF, and swapping the ECU... I mean...... What the hell could possibly go wrong?!?!?!

I've also got the cervinis cowl hood to go on, a newer boot hatch, a HUGE set of Baer front brakes, a cobra master cylinder, a single model year specific cobra vacuum booster, new head lights, tail lights, hoses, ford racing Ali prop....... The list seems endless. I've been accruing parts for this for the past 4 years, and I need to get them all bolted on (test fit) before I can even think about prepping the car for paint!!!

It's gonna be a long summer!!!!

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2013, 04:51:12 pm »
I've been accruing parts for this for the past 4 years, and I need to get them all bolted on (test fit) before I can even think about putting it in the garage to gather dust and only come out once a year for an MOT.

Roadkill

EDGE's Fox
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2013, 07:31:19 pm »

H.T.C (Herts Tool Company) is a place we use for our fixings (just outside Hatfield), FYI.

There's also Orbital in Watford . . . .

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2013, 08:54:14 pm »
WOW edge has actually done something on the (swimming pool) car !! ! !

Whatever next, we might see the saleen at a show LOL nah don't be daft

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
EDGE's Fox
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2013, 09:16:02 pm »
Orbital don't stock much above 8.8s, especially in odd lengths over 100mm.

I still don't get the swimming pool bit, did I miss something?