Author Topic: GMC Service.  (Read 682 times)

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
GMC Service.
« on: September 18, 2006, 04:46:25 pm »
On the way up to Birmingham another 6,000 miles passed under the GMC's wheels so time for another service
Whilst having the exhaust done on Saturday I noticed that the rear diff has been leaking oil
Jacked it up tonight and it appears that the oil has been coming out of the breather pipe ?
Got the van something like level and checked the diff oil level, which was a mm or two below the level plug.
I must have overfilled it a little at the last service becuase it was quite low and with Managements high speed runs to the shops the excess has blown out, which was a relief.
Took the rear wheels off and the drums are now fine, they still get hotter than I would like but everything is OK.
Just having a bite to eat and then it's oil and filter time.

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
GMC Service.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 04:49:43 pm »
Incidently the new plug leads I fitted the other week have completly banished the miss fire
More to the point averaging 65mph back from Birmingham yesterday with the occasional higher speed pass, it averaged 28.12 mpg

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
GMC Service.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 06:36:21 pm »
Wey Hey a thread to myself !

Oil & filter done, air filter done and all the grease points done
Checked the front wheels bearings and power steering fluid.

Nowt else to do because all the other jobs have been done over the last couple of weeks

Anyone know where I can get a good second hand steering box for a 95 Astro/GMC ?

sixpack2639

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
GMC Service.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 08:10:38 pm »
Quoting: F Body
Anyone know where I can get a good second hand steering box for a 95 Astro/GMC ?

Try www.car-part.com and use my post code 29906 for the search. Theres 14 pages of em!

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
GMC Service.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 04:27:51 am »
Quoting: sixpack2639
Try www.car-part.com and use my post code 29906 for the search. Theres 14 pages of em!

Thanks Carl that's a really good website, we don't have anything like that in the UK