Author Topic: Project - make my knuckles bleed  (Read 670 times)

CJ-IROCZ

• Ho
    • View Profile
Project - make my knuckles bleed
« on: October 30, 2006, 08:04:10 pm »
How did you know it was a header install project

well so far i've spent approx 6 hours removing the old manifolds and AIR system and installing the drivers side header.

got the drivers side finished now  

heres a couple of pics.

here is the o2 bung that i had to weld up to the drivers side collecter, you've got to make sure its at the back of the header as thats the only place there is clearance, i stuck a cork in the sleeve whilst i welding it up so not to get any splatter in the thread

this is the headr in but you can see the Power steering bracket is still loose , i had to do a bit of fabricating to make it fit again as its original mounting were on the old manifolds so i made up a new mounting point using the old manifold bolts

i found that all my brake pipes needed re-routing as they were touching the primarys so i undone the brake pipe mounting brackets and repositioned them

tomorrow night i'm on to the passengers side , heres a pic of it after stripping the old manifolds out,. note the original AIR pipe still in place , i'm just going to chop it back and bung it up,.

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 08:54:04 am »
Damn not a lot of room to work, this is the reason i like the older cars you can clinmb into the engine bay on my 55 and even the transam has plenty of space now the inner fenders are gone

Roadkill

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 09:27:45 am »
Makes me wince when I see a third gens engine bay . . . . . . Then I think of mine and I chuckle.