Author Topic: Gouda wheel reconditioning  (Read 806 times)

Shifty

• Ho
    • View Profile
Gouda wheel reconditioning
« on: January 26, 2007, 08:32:09 am »
As mentioned the other day two of my tyres got cut (see general\tyre slashing fun).

This has now given me the opportunity to re-con the wheels as I originally intended.

Just thought I would post a couple of pictures of the progress and write a few words letting people know how easy it is.

Below is a couple of pictures of the first wheel before and after.
To remove all the crud and original paint took approximately 6 hours and is now ready to be painted this weekend.
The pictures don't really do the wheel justice as they were taken on the mobile but rest assured they were really bad to start of with and now has an almost polished finish to them.

Enjoy

The wheel before with the tyre on in the garage

Close up of one of the spokes before

Close up of one of the spokes after the tyre had been removed

Close up of the spoke after most of the crud and paint had been removed

Wheel after all crud and paint has been removed

Will post a picture of it painted soon, then will be getting on with the next one.

Roadkill

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 09:50:18 am »
What colour are you painting them ?

Are you going standard "Alloy" colour (Simoniz do a good one) Or have you considered going black or white ?

Shifty

• Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 10:59:48 am »
Went to MK paint and got them to mix me up a can of the original metallic silver colour. Will leave them standard I think.

Had considered doing them like a charcoal colour, I've seen a 2 with wheels like this before which looked quite good, had also considered doing the face of the wheel the original silver and the inner part of the spokes the same colour as the car or maybe black but I think they would always look as if they were dirty/not cleaned properly.

Jo

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 08:06:18 pm »
Looking good so far