Author Topic: Tell your friends, tell your children, tell your parents . . . The Pig's For Sale - HOORAH !!!  (Read 1391 times)

Roadkill

As mentioned I really should shift it to pour funds into the Caddy.

So.

My Ford Aerostar is for sale.

Pretty rare over here in the U.K but a pioneering design of its day (plastic tailgate, bonnet and fuel tank to reduce weight).

3.0L, V6. 5-Speed manual . . . gets around 28mpg on a run, easy. Goes well with surprising low-end grunt considering the relatively small motor (it's not hard to chirp the rears) . . . cruises economically at 60-65mph but is happy sitting at 75+, too.

Good, solid "no frills" Dayvan . . . It's got what you need (power steering, A/C, cruise control) but none of that girlie stuff (like electric windows).

Sliding side door and also a full tail gate meaning that with the seats out you can get all manner of crap in the back or a double-size airbed in there so ideal for the shows, too . . privacy glass to the passenger area (sliding windows on the sides).

The A.R.E outlaws are included as is the original stock steel rims with OEM hubcaps.

Tyres are matching Yokohama's with some tread left but they're pretty old so if you was planning serious miles I'd recommend replacing them.

She's got factory roof bars with adjustable rails . . has come in handy a few times, for sure.

In the last year she's had a new battery, new sump (old one corroded - common fault), new oil filer, gaskets and oil change.

I also put in a USB stereo (aka Ian's nightmare). It's not brilliant but plays of a USB stick and fills a hole . . . stock speakers are all there and work with a separate control for the passenger area.

I've also spent time tidying bits and bobs this year . . I replaced the number plates and re-painted the front and rear wiper arms and replaced the blades.

She also used to have an utterly disgusting bodykit (factory fitted, but f**king awful) which I removed . . . this was hiding some rust which has been thoroughly cut-out and sorted.

She starts good, goes good and is in pretty good shape, too. Interior is clean and tidy . . is showing minor wear and tear but very good for the age and mileage.

1 Year's MoT, but NO TAX (can tax at cost).

Mileage is 154,000-something.

She comes with LOADS and I mean LOADS of receipts, paperwork and service history dating right back to day one . . even the original sales brochure is in there.

Also 2 workshop manuals, a Haynes and Chiltons (covers pretty-much every eventuality).

Genuine reason for sale - I'd like the space and I'd like the cash to spend on my Caddy but I'm not desperate . . I'll listen to sensible offers but nothing silly.

Looking for around £1,700 (this covers my physical costs but doesn't even begin to scratch the surface on the number of man-hours spent on her in the last year).

Located in Milton Keynes.

Not interested in P/X.

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
You have done a great job dude.

It is a shame it is not worth more

Hopefully it will go to someone who maintains it to a good level as it is a pretty unique car.

Just noticed on the gearstick, is that a dog-leg fifth?
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Roadkill

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Just noticed on the gearstick, is that a dog-leg fifth?

No, standard lay-out - EDIT They call 5th gear "D" so it may look like "R" in that pic.

It's funny . . . I've had a guy interested and asking questions . . . He actually LIKED the body kit and was SHOCKED that I'd binned it !!!

Even after telling him it was utterly rotten !

Some people . . . . Still.  He's interested.

Had some offers which are reasonable . . . but I'm holding out for now.

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Quoting: Roadkill
Had some offers which are reasonable

Where are you advertising it?

Roadkill

Here, R 'n' S, Gumtree and Ebay.

Wanna stick it on the VW forum for me ? - they seem to like Dayvan's over there.

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Sure, I'll put it on VZi, that is the busiest.

What's your contact number or email as that needs to be on there..

Roadkill

Email's best - dean DOT witham AT gmail.com

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile

Roadkill

You Da' Man !  

Roadkill

SOLD !

Well, £100 deposit taken against a good offer, anyway.  

I got offers from £1000 to £1250 but, when I was about to give up and keep her, a much higher offer came in and a deal was struck.

I'm happy.  I'm looking forward to the extra space !  

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
I'm looking forward to buying another project to put in the extra space

Roadkill

Hahahaha.

Seriously speaking the next purchase will be 2-wheeled but it won't be a project.

The next, planned, project after the Camaro and Cadillac will be 5 years, or so, away and will be the nastiest B@stard MoPar I can make.  

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
will be the nastiest B@stard MoPar I can make.

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
nastiest B@stard MoPar

I think I want you to start this project more than any other.

Roadkill

Collected and gone !

The fleet is back down to 3.

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile

Collected and gone !

The fleet is back down to 3.

For now