Author Topic: Clear out  (Read 1354 times)

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bigmouseracing.co.uk
Clear out
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:16:59 pm »
We've sold the house so are having a clear out prior to packing. First thing is some unwanted dvd's. £1 ea or 6 for £5

Mad Dogs S1 of TV series
Black Death - Sean Bean in medieval times. violent
Shaun of the dead
In Bruges - should have offered this to RK a week ago lol
The Warlords - Jet Li in chinese war drama - subtitled
Johnny Vega - whos ready for ice cream?
Dracula 2001 - modern take on an old tale
Gridlocked - Tim Roth and Tupac in gangster drama
Pitch Black - Vin diesel in the his first big sci fy film
Final Fantasy - not the Carol Vorderman one but based on the game - great CGI
Jarhead  Jake Gyllenhaal gulf war film
Jackass the movie
Dara O'briain - Talks Funny live
The Eagle - roman V brits drama with tatum Channing
Stalingrad - great war film made by the guy who made Das Boot
Passchendale - WW1 war film
Battle of Wits - another chines war film with Andy Lau - subtitles
Romeo must die - with jet Li in gangster film
10,000 BC - One million years BC brought upto date with eye candy!
Outpost - Sci Fi horror wih nazi super zombies - violent and gory
Next Friday - with Ice T in LA gangster comedy
Doomsday - Rhona Mitra and Bob Hoskins in apocalyptic survivor drama - violent and horror
XXX - vin Diesel 1st in the series of XXX films
Pariah - skinhead film - violent and gang related
Arachnid - like spiders? you'll love this
Getaway in Stockholm 4 - street racing film/documentary. lots of racing, car tests, babes etc
Clarkson thriller - clarkson doing what he does best - being a twat in fast cars
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - seminal martial arts film with Chow Yun Fat, made by Ang Lee
Paradise Lost - horro - think the Beach but with amazonian jungle - violent and gory
Little Britain - comic relief special - buy any dvd and you can this for nothing. Can't believe I ever thought this shit was funny
City of Life and Death - film about the rape of nanking by the japanese in 1937. Harrowing film based on actual events. violent
Hollow Man - Kevin Bacon gets invisible and does what we would all do - looks ate naked women!
The Ring - horror film
Starship Troopers 2 - the next film adter starship troopers
Starship 3 - the nexy film after starship troopers 2! - hopefully the last!

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Clear out
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 12:48:08 pm »
Good news that you sold yours - did you find new house that you liked then?

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
Clear out
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 05:35:09 pm »
Found loads of houses we like, the problem is finding one that we like AND can afford

We'll rent initially, for 12 months to see how the market develops - with an interest hike on the cards in the near future and the market already starting to top out in places we're betting on a drop in prices in 2015-2016.

Roadkill

Clear out
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 08:43:50 pm »
Quoting: Big Mouse
In Bruges - should have offered this to RK a week ago lol

It's a f*cking fairy tale !!!  

There's a couple I'd watch but I've got some DVD's already I've had for over two years and still not watched . . don't need anymore.

Good news about the house - are you looking to rent over where you're looking to buy ?

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Clear out
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 08:30:02 am »
with an interest hike on the cards in the near future and the market already starting to top out in places we're betting on a drop in prices in 2015-2016.

Exactly what I am hoping to happen, sorry to all you homeowners, but the more of you that go through hell in the next couple of years and lose your homes, the better it is for me wanting to buy

Roadkill

Clear out
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 08:56:22 am »
Without wanting to turn this into a property price debate . . . It's normally the most expensive end of the property ladder that sees the biggest % drop when there's a crisis/meltdown/drop etc . . .

The majority of people looking to buy homes are the people on low to "normal" salaries, so they look for cheaper homes . . . therefore they'll always be more demand for cheaper homes.

Fieldy - Be careful, my brother thought he knew how to play the market . . . He bought a 1-bed cluster home for peanuts, sold it at it's high - pocketing over£70,000 after the sale had completed then stated "Prices will fall".

He was right, the prices dropped around 5% over the next year or so . . In that time he'd spent over £5,000 in rent . . . He then was convinced the trend would continue and fast forward a few more years and he's still living in a rented house but now has no savings AT ALL and can't even afford to keep his car on the road.

He'll never have the opportunity to take advantage of the housing market again (unless he wins the lottery).

On the flip-side, I did the opposite - I didn't rent for any notable period between sales.  I don't have any savings to speak of, either, but have a decent house and also have rental properties to fall back on.

In a nutshell, you'll be in the same boat as millions of people so cheap(er) houses won't get much cheaper.

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
Clear out
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 10:37:55 am »
I agree, a drop in prices of 5-10% max is on the cards by 2020, but only if Help to Buy and a hefty interest rate hike hit at roughly the same time, more so if we get another Labour government. I'm betting on it being sooner as the election is next year. That will save me around £20-25K whilst paying less in rent than a mortgage plus we'll be buying in a non school area so marginally cheaper again.

It won't help first time buyers because by then the Help to Buy scheme will have folded so they'll be back to needing a 25-30 deposit again. First time buyers who leapt onto the scheme 2 years ago should be ok, but people who only got onto it in the last 6 months will be hurting a whole lot more if/when rates go up.

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
Clear out
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 10:41:22 am »
Quoting: Roadkill
Good news about the house - are you looking to rent over where you're looking to buy ?

We've earmarked a couple of villages, Marston Moretaine, Wooton as the area we would like to be near to across to Turvey, Lavendon, Harrold the other way. As this is likely to be our last move for a few years we are looking for somewhere a bit quieter than MK - parking in my road is now a nightmare.

Roadkill

Clear out
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »
parking in my road is now a nightmare

Just a bit.

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
Clear out
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 06:13:39 pm »
Its got worse since I got rid of the camaro - Ian and I used to love reversing that up the road on a 25ft trailer behind the 19ft  Harley - had the neighbours running around like headless chickens worrying I'd wreck one of their cars getting an 8ft trailer through a 9ft gap

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Clear out
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 11:14:38 pm »
Thanks guys, read and taken on board

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Clear out
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 01:31:33 am »

Its got worse since I got rid of the camaro - Ian and I used to love reversing that up the road on a 25ft trailer behind the 19ft Harley - had the neighbours running around like headless chickens worrying I'd wreck one of their cars getting an 8ft trailer through a 9ft gap

Lol yeah was interesting watching them run out sometimes is beyond a joke now though as you say, really domt think you'd be able to do it now!