Author Topic: M.O.T Gargages?  (Read 706 times)

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
M.O.T Gargages?
« on: January 12, 2007, 12:05:04 pm »
Ok Guys....For the last 20 years I have been using A family freind who maintains all my families cars and M.O.T's/services/stores them all, however, My girlfreinds Citreon AX is up for M.O.T Feb and there is absolutely no way in this world I am driving to Devon for it.....But I haven't used any garages other than this, ever!

So my question is to all you guys......Any decent garages you know London/North London/Buckinghamshire area just for an M.O.T, Or do any of you guys do it/want the work?

Cheers in advance, Fieldy

Roadkill

M.O.T Gargages?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 12:19:33 pm »
I only use places in M.K, Mate.

TBH, if it's "O.K" take it anywhere . . . I use "preferred" Garages as mine often need . . ahem "special treatment".

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
M.O.T Gargages?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 12:22:20 pm »
I try and take it to a dedicated MOT centre if you think it's ok, as they wont try and rip you off by saying things need fixing when they don't... They will just give you a straight pass fail with no other motives...

Roadkill

M.O.T Gargages?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 12:25:20 pm »
Those places will become very rare now you don't get a free retest.

Imagine failing an MoT because a bulb has blown . . . a dedicated MoT station would turf you out No MoT and No retest . . . for the sake of a 30p Bulb !

I'd take it to a garage "chain" but check it THOROUGHLY before leaving it with them.

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
M.O.T Gargages?
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 05:56:07 pm »
Yup the rules have changed, if you take the car from the test station to make any repairs you get clobbered for the full test again. If you let the garage do the work then its a free retest but you could get reamed by the garage on the repair price

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
M.O.T Gargages?
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 10:19:33 pm »
Quoting: 55starchief
Yup the rules have changed,

They've been the rules for years, the idea is just to make sure the car is in good working order first.....

rebeltrucker

• Trainee Ho
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amvo.org
M.O.T Gargages?
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 11:06:24 pm »
Its actually sposed to be half the full fee if you take it abck within ten days, or free is you leave it at the same garage.

If anyone fancies a trek to Brum, we now do MOTS

Roadkill

M.O.T Gargages?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 10:04:06 am »
Quoting: Titsy
They've been the rules for years

Now they're enforced.

Even my brother can't do retests for me . . . but that rarely a concern, anyway.