Author Topic: New Mac Keyboard  (Read 2395 times)

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
New Mac Keyboard
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 04:27:02 pm »
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

New Mac Keyboard
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 04:40:28 pm »
Quoting: Kenny
I've just upgraded my PC (new MB, CPU, RAM, GPU, PSU) basicaly a whole new PC minus the case and monitor.

4Ghz Duel core processor
4GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 320 (8800 is the best GPU out I believe)
and high quality ASUS Motherboard and PSU.

'how much' i hear you ask

£500

HardRockCamaro

• Low Down Dirty ho
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lightsourcemedia.co.uk
New Mac Keyboard
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 04:51:08 pm »
the gist of the story is that the leopard upgrade disables your firewall after its installed.  i believe you can turn it back on easily enough though, so probably not a big deal.

I noticed that when I installed the OS.
I can't for the life of me figure why they disabled it as default, except that when I enabled it it broke Skype...

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
New Mac Keyboard
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 06:24:45 pm »
As always PC's have had tine keyboards like that for a long time before apple 'thought' of it...

Though not as pretty as the apple one i guess. Looks over function as usual

the 'quality' of PC keyboards always troubles me - even the expensive ones are rubbish..

i use an apple keyboard, and its the first keyboard I've ever had that has stood up to my ho'ing.. despite being cheaper than the keyboard it replaced, this one is still like new after a year, normally they are scrap in 6 months..

i actually wore THROUGH the A key on my packard bell keyboard, and that was  the best keyboard before this one!

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
New Mac Keyboard
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 06:27:35 pm »
Quoting: 55starchief

ah and there it is, people dont care about quality anymore just how cheap they can get it. No wonder this country is loosing ground to china.

Well when the quality is all but gone i hope the masses will be proud of what they have achieved

my apple keyboard is made in china, but somehow manages to be very high quality, ditto my ipod..

there is a theme - every single PC part or component i have ever bought has been disappointing at best, every single apple item has been far beyond expectations..

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
New Mac Keyboard
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 06:31:47 pm »
Quoting: philoldsmobile
every single apple item has been far beyond expectations..

Judging from last weeks Gadget Show test of the new IPhone ? you'd be well disappointed with it's performance but it does look pretty

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
New Mac Keyboard
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 06:39:17 pm »
i hate mobile phones in general, so you wont find me with an iphone - i refuse to pay for phones..

i like my motorolla in so far as its the opposite of most phones, less showy, bit more classy

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
New Mac Keyboard
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 11:18:34 pm »
Quoting: F Body

Judging from last weeks Gadget Show test of the new IPhone ? you'd be well disappointed with it's performance but it does look pretty

It was designed for the US market, it lacks the features european consumers want. Vodafone had them on test and decided that they didnt want it on their network

HardRockCamaro

• Low Down Dirty ho
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lightsourcemedia.co.uk
New Mac Keyboard
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 10:43:56 am »
The Gadget show is to gadgets what Top Gear is to cars.

The reviews are just plain daft, texting while doing a bungee jump off a bridge?  The removable battery on the Nokia is a "feature" becvuase it means when your phone locks up you can reboot it.  That's not a "feature", how about a phone that doesn't need you to remove the friggin battery to reboot in the first place!

Their review of the iPhone was carefully staged so as not to make it look too "must have".  Probably so the poor people need not feel to bad about not having one.  

However it is not "perfect", certain features have been omitted, at least in this first version that we Europeans expect (as Phil points out).

No video camera -> I don't mind as all phone videos are sh*te.
2mp camera with no flash -> Agreed, unacceptable today on a high end phone.
Battery not replaceable -> Never needed to replace a phone battery in my life.
Can't send a text message to more than one recipient -> Agreed that's daft (probably due to the way it uses an instant messenger type interface to display sms chats), I imagine a software update will fix it in future.
Can't use it as a bluetooth modem -> again daft, I may want to use it with my Apple laptop to do things the iPhone cannot.
No user installable apps -> no longer an issue, from February signed 3rd party apps will be allowed.

Will I buy one?
Probably not.  I want it 3G, the other "flaws" I'll deal with.

Kenny

• Ho
    • View Profile
New Mac Keyboard
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 12:20:57 pm »
Quoting: philoldsmobile
the 'quality' of PC keyboards always troubles me - even the expensive ones are rubbish..

never had a problem my self.  in the 20 odd years i've been around PC's, i've only had 1 keyboard break, and that was after its 3rd cup of coffee.

I've been unfortunate enought to use macs once or twice, but never impressed with the quality. But this was 4-5 years ago (the clear plastic era), and i believe apple has improved alot since then.

As with all electronic goods it is sometime just down to bad luck.