Author Topic: V8UK Full Power Launch Sunday 12th April - Aylesbury, Bucks  (Read 1343 times)

Andy

V8UK Full Power Launch Sunday 12th April - Aylesbury, Bucks
« on: March 28, 2015, 12:00:24 am »
It's rolled around to that time of year again when we hold our first event of the year! The V8UK Full Power Launch is a great way to kick off the season, this time the Full Power Launch is being held at Topcats Racing, Westcott Venture Park, just outside Aylesbury in Bucks.

They will be throwing open their workshop doors for all to have a look round. As well as being a well decorated endurance race team, Topcats also offer engine swaps, servicing and car setup all in house. Their engine supplier will be there to show off the line of crate engines they can swap too.

At around midday there will be the signature convoy for everyone to join in on. Taking in some of a view, villages and sights of the Bucks / Oxford borders. The convoy will only be about 40 mins and will return back to Topcats where there will be drinks and refreshments.

This will be a great day out and a great chance to get out in the cars. Open to all V8 owners and clubs.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1571616333083630/

Ralph

• View Profile
    • V8UK
Re: V8UK Full Power Launch Sunday 12th April - Aylesbury, Bucks
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 03:16:14 pm »
woohoo!! Gonna be awesome! So many mental cars attending if all is well and well... The helicopter to film the convoy is going to be something FOOKING special!
Live Fast - Die Last

www.v8uk.co.uk

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 04:47:01 pm »
I'm at a wedding in Scotland that weekend, Sorry Andy.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 10:16:29 am »
Just had a look and the postcode doesn't seem to marry-up with the address - it puts you outside a pub in town ?

Anyway, my wife's had to change her days at work (long story) so she's now working Sunday.  I was planning on coming down as it's only 20 miles from me but I'm a bit stuck (yet again) on transporting the sprog - I don't see the point in bringing the Mondeo.

:chiny:

Andy

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 12:21:43 pm »
Good spot Dean, damn auto fill on Facebook set the address to the middle of Waddesdon.

You're more than welcome to come along in whatever you have and have a mooch around their workshop and that. There will be a convoy going out around 12ish where we hope to line up most of the cars.

Roadkill

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:54:59 pm »
It's frustrating. 

The Caddy's gased, 100% legal and ready to go (I don't even need to get her out of the garage) but without seat belts is a no-no with a 3-year old (although, believe it or not, totally legal to have 3-year old in the back unrestrained !! ??).

I was hoping the missus could tail me down there in her car with the little'un but I've lost that option.

Best bet is to see if I can get childcare for a few hours but I would've preferred to take him if I could.

Andy

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 05:49:44 pm »
Great to see you buddy! Thanks for coming along, sorry we couldn't have chatted longer but with that many people I think we under estimated how many people we really need to organise it all.

Glad you had a great day :)

Roadkill

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 09:58:51 am »
Sorry for not making it.  Childcare wasn't available so I made use of the time putting shelves up in the shed.  :can:

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 10:37:57 am »
Superb turnout... The good weather helped..
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Andy

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 09:36:34 am »
Here's a video I shot of the convoy as we rolled through Long Crendon.

http://youtu.be/eh7jSV9w2ko

A real shame that the BMW driver thought that was necessary, on the whole a great drive had by everyone I believe :)