Author Topic: I've got No Photos!!  (Read 980 times)

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
I've got No Photos!!
« on: March 03, 2015, 06:49:06 pm »
I was just digging though my car pics folder to find an old pic of Jamie's Camaro and did a bit of sorting out while I was there and realised a very sad and surprising thing...
I have folders setup for show weekends and meets starting from the All Clubs show in 2005, the first one I attended, but they stop with Yanks weekend in 2009!!

I have no weekend photo folders showing us lot camped out, chilling with a cold beer and cool cars in what will be 6 years by the time this summer's season starts...  :sad: that's a real shame.

A lot has happened since 2009, but this is not an appeal for photographs, well not old ones, it's an appeal for new ones.

It would be great for us lot to all get together, friends, cars, wives, girlfriends, kids, dogs, the lot! (in no specific order!! :secure:) at some shows this summer, camped away for the weekend as a big group, so that we can all make a new folder of photos for 2015 shows and have some memories to put in it.
Most of us still have the cars to provide the backdrop, the BBQ is still about but the most important thing is that all our friends are there (and that someone remembered a bottle opener :tongue:)

What do you say Ladies & Gents? there's plenty of notice for a couple of weekends away this summer, most of us should be able to find the cash for supplies needed for a weekend away camping, and it'll be a great laugh.
It doesn't have to be Billing "like the old days" (although its convenient, and there's stuff for kids to do) but one of the bigger show weekends would be better I reckon.

Lets have some suggestions eh?

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Re: I've got No Photos!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:10:13 pm »
Yeah sounds a great idea - we are intending to try doing more shows (both camping and day trips) this year as last year was frankly a let down on the number we went to!

any show would be good, and as you say Billing is convenient but there are plenty of others out there.....

Amey

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 09:18:50 pm »
We did say a couple of years ago that we need to start doing more car shows, and then things got in the way  :(

Def need to arrange something for this year to give the BBQ & Army Tent an airing  :up:

Andy

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 10:32:52 pm »
We've got a bunch of shows lined up this year for V8UK, you're all more than welcome to attend in force. Our first one being at Topcats Racing in Aylesbury.

www.facebook.com/events/387041094809493

Another one you guys might want to consider is American Speedfest, whether you get a stand organised, or just go in a group. We have a stand organised with around 12 car on it now, and again you're more than welcome to join us for that if you'd like.

www.facebook.com/events/789880974384260

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 07:35:09 pm »
Have a tent, a yank, a bottle opener and a camera... :up:

Oh got a wife too.. :rofl:

Roadkill

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 04:14:57 pm »
I'm just trying to remember how I got both Caddies there for that . . . :chiny:

My only issue is transport . . . I don't see much point in doing a show without bringing a Yank (regardless of other peoples opinions) and neither of mine are child friendly. 

That means we'd (ideally) need little man looking after (not likely, usually) or he'd need to get a lift.

Apart from that, yeah, Billing would be good but don't mind - definitely a camping one so we can beer it up.  :cheers: