Author Topic: First car purchase checklist  (Read 1047 times)

Andy

First car purchase checklist
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 11:06:24 am »
Tried Sureterm, no under 22's

MCE i believe were no under 25's but will try again. I will say the MKB, have been giving the AACI as my club as they have a deal with AF though haven't particularly noticed any difference.

Amey

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 12:37:40 pm »
Quoting: ianjpage
definately not cheap - we paid less than that for ours, and that one has a lot more mileage than vickys had!!

I agree that doesn't seem cheap - but mine was more than that - I paid £4000ish for mine
But that was 2-3 years ago with low mileage.
4th gen prices have dropped a lot since then

Could try Graham Skyes - I was insured with them when I first got my Pontiac Grand Prix  -I was about 23/24 at the time

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bigmouseracing.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 12:45:41 pm »
try competition car insurance, not sure whether they insure people under the age of 25 but worth a try. They insure road cars and competition vehicle

My camaro is insured through them fully comp, guaranteed value of £40k, limited to 2500 miles per year - £335 pa (and my camaro is hardly the mildest of cars on the road)

Its actually cheaper to insure than my daily driver audi

Andy

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 01:27:03 pm »
Ok, did the rounds with the insurance companies. Google came up with some new places but all refused. AF are the only ones who returned a quote on TPF&F with 5k miles at £992. I said to him if there was any way at all of getting it lower and he said even if there was a better price thats as low as they could go. Didn't get time to ring Graham Sykes, though they normally come close to AF if a little dearer.

What do you guys reckon that cars worth? Been looking on eBay and even preface lift they seem around 3k for a v6