General MKB > Projects

Projects - Uber Shed and Square Shed

(1/35) > >>

Roadkill:
Been busy all week . . . will sort out some pics later . . .

art b:
meh...

Roadkill:
Quoting: art b - (elsewhere)is it a bronze age design ...

Just like the garage extension it's fundamentally built on timber posts set in concrete pads.  The garage extension has a concrete base (separate from the frame) and polystyrene and timber over that.  The shed will be much more basic.  The floor will be sat on batons attached to the walls (that are attached to the posts).

This way there's no need for large bases and the build is accelerated.

Anyway.

The site.  The new shed will attach to the garage extension to add stability, reduce costs and materials and speed up build time.

The overall sizes are 4.9m long, 1.4m deep and about 2.25m high.

Four post holes dug :

Next the three main panels were built inside the conservatory (they just about fitted through the double-doors !)

Temporary bracing was used to ensure the panels were square :

Once square, they were clad . . .

And taken outside to be treated to 2 coats of 50/50 creosote substitute and 25,000-mile used diesel oil.

Recycling the "Man" way.  Lovely.  

One of the panels was screwed to the garage, then a post screwed to it, then a further panel and post attached to that to make up the rear wall.  
The last panel (and another post) was screwed to the middle post of the garage to form the first part of the front wall.

All posts and panels were braced and packed before it got too dark to do any more . . . .

. . . . .

Roadkill:
Next I made up the framework for the next part of the front wall.  At this stage I didn't want it clad as I haven't decided on a door yet so wanted to keep my options open . . . this made making it and fitting it bloody awkward . . . !

But in the end it went in and all the posts were plumbed, the levels checked and diagonal measurements taken to ensure everything was ready for concrete.

The side wall was made entirely in-situ as all the cladding pieces needed to be angle-cut on the ends (as that wall isn't square - was planned not to be) . . .

Again everything which will see the elements was treated.

Next up was the roof.  38mm particle boards, cut and screwed in place.

This is where it was first thing this morning :

Since then I've put the underlay on for the roof felt and started re-jigging the guttering . . .

The plan for tomorrow is to get the roof felting finished so it's weather proof.  

Then the floor can go in . . . .

art b:
simple but effective ...

the shed looks good too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version