General MKB > Projects

Roadkill's 1958 Cadillac - PROJECT THREAD

<< < (48/48)

Roadkill:
Been putting some miles on the old girl this month - Old Warden for the SuperNats and Sywell for Atomic . . . even took Jensen out for a short drive earlier in the month, too (his first in the Caddy).

She's behaved herself - generally - but did get hot coming back from Old Warden. 

I appear to have resolved a long-running water leak she had . . . I've also identified the source of the long-running brake fluid leak she has (but done nothing as it's manageable) . . . The last fluid leak she has is ATF . . . . which seems to be worse when she's hot . . meh . . I'll keep topping her up.
Oil level seems fairly stable.

I've not done anymore to the fuel set-up on the new motor . . . I've been busy doing various other things and the workshop is rammed (again).  I have now ordered the special low pressure fuel gauge from Vintage Speed in the states so will push on once that's arrived.

I've also ordered a set of vintage N.O.S key blanks as I only have one set for her and the ignition key is looking frail, to say the least.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about how I want her to "look" when she's done . . . . Part of me would love her all shiny, shiny . . . . this is a simple route as there's an obvious finish line . . . the other part of me loves the patina but this is difficult to know how to progress - especially with regards to the interior, which does need doing but how do you do it and immediately make it look old and worn ??

:pass:

Difficult.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version