Author Topic: Moby Phones  (Read 916 times)

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Moby Phones
« on: July 04, 2007, 01:22:41 pm »
Ok bit of a boring geeky topic here.. but what can i say - im at work

Just wondered what peoples opinions on the best moby phone out there right now..  

From a phone i need a very very good camera and a good mp3 player with space to expand..  I use the camera alot for ebay stuff, random pictures etc etc..  The mp3 player i also use pratically everyday as i just plug it into the AUX in my car headunit - works out alot cheaper than always burning cds

I used to have the Sony Ericsson K750i which had an awesome camera and an average MP3 player..  So upgraded to the W800i as it was marketed as having an even better mp3 player...  Me thinking they would keep the camera as it was or even improve it.  They didnt the camera is rubbish and about a a step back in camera technology by about 3 years!!  no auto focus, rubbish flash and just pants..

So im going to get another phone again, only really because i use the camera alot more than i realised by getting annoyed with all the crap wasted shots you see looking back through them loaded onto the computer..

Sooooo...  whats the best camera phone out there??  The Nokia N95 i think is the first uk spec phone to have a 5mpx camera, but i dont need the sat nav so im over paying for something i wouldnt really use (if it was sat nav with road angel technology it would of been an awesome addition).

The Sony Ericsson Cybershot thingy is supposed to be very very good, and reading reviews it is top at being a camera - but not so good at being anything else (note to Sony Ericsson - why do you insist on going against the market and natural progression of the industry by trying to have a seperate product for each need instead of what people really what - a phone that does everything??  K series = good cameras, W series = good MP3 players.. Dumbasses just put the two together!!!)

Samsung are supposed to be releasing the F700 sometime soon with a 5mpx camera, auto focus, proper flash etc..

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Roadkill

Moby Phones
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 01:26:01 pm »
Quoting: Cunning Plan
Just wondered what peoples opinions on the best moby phone out there right now..

My one.

(It was free . . with free calls and free texts)

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Moby Phones
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 01:42:05 pm »
Quoting: Roadkill
My one.

Can i have it.

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Moby Phones
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 01:48:09 pm »
the pics from the samsung's arent bad but theyre a pain o use.. id get whichever the best SE one is camera wise... the interfaces arent bad

Roadkill

Moby Phones
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 02:00:41 pm »
Quoting: Cunning Plan
Can i have it.

No.

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Moby Phones
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 02:37:59 pm »
Quoting: Roadkill
No.

Fine be like that..

Edge tell roadkill im not talking to him anymore.

Quoting: EDGE
id get whichever the best SE one is camera wise... the interfaces arent bad

Amey

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Ho
    • View Profile
Moby Phones
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 04:20:39 pm »
I've currently got the Sony ericsson V630i, which has excellent mp3 player (phones comes with a 256mb mem card).
2mp camera, which it excellent for outdoor photos, but indoor photos are grainy.
The K800 is supposed to be really good. A friend has one and the pics are really good. but unsure of the mp3 quality

The best place to look is this website http://www.gsmarena.com/ I was told about it about 4 years ago when I started looking after the company's mobile phones and it is really good. Completely impendent and you get to see peoples reviews as well.

The New nokia N95 is supposed to be good, but my boss got it about a month ago and was not that impressed. The main problem being the slide function is too smooth, so it moves even when you don't want it to.

Kenny

• Ho
    • View Profile
Moby Phones
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 04:36:27 pm »
i have the K800i, and yes the camera is awsom!
i haven't really used the MP3 player, but the sound quality is superb.
there is a new version out K810i, which is smaller and has an upgraded camera.

after my K750, i tried the LG phone with 5meg camera (first in UK), but was so dissapointed in the phones features/build quality/etc that i had to send it back and chose the K800i instead.

might be worth checking it the K810i has an upgraded MP3 player.

Rob

• Filthy Ho
    • View Profile
Moby Phones
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 04:46:36 pm »
http://www.buymobilephones.net/

I always get mine from here.....Got a free xbox360 last time and the phone came open to all networks.  They stock quite a good range of phones that some networks do not offer.  They also do FREE Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii's

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
Moby Phones
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 04:47:56 pm »
The sumsung U600 seems nice but I think the SE is considered the better phone even though its pig ugly

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Moby Phones
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 05:57:57 pm »
Quoting: Rob

http://www.buymobilephones.net/

I always get mine from here.....Got a free xbox360 last time