Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
General Banter / Re: I'm a MONDEO MAN, now !!!
« Last post by Titsy on September 05, 2016, 11:46:24 am »
:up:
General Banter / Re: I'm a MONDEO MAN, now !!!
« Last post by Roadkill on September 02, 2016, 08:15:04 am »
295,000 + miles . . . . and 70+ MPG !!!

:sofa:  :up:
Projects / Re: The "Roadkill Chop-Shop" Project
« Last post by ianjpage on August 23, 2016, 05:36:04 pm »
:up: sounds a good sized space for the caddy!!
Classifieds & Useful eBay Links / Re: Hot Rod Pedal Car
« Last post by Jamieg285 on August 23, 2016, 11:19:06 am »
Maybe.. :chiny:  How much would you be looking for?
Any pics?

Corrected the link to the pic that should have appeared in the first post.  Here's a couple more.

I forgot to add, the pedals are adjustable, there are three holes so you can move them as the legs get longer.

They are £150 new.  This one isn't far off as-new condition.  Open to sensible offers at the moment. 
Projects / The "Roadkill Chop-Shop" Project
« Last post by Roadkill on August 23, 2016, 10:56:32 am »
I need another project like I need a another hole in my head but this one will be epic - my biggest build ever.

Why ?

Simple.  In order to build the Cadillac I simply need more space to do it. 

She's 18'9" long x 7' wide. 

Even if I could clear everything out of my current garage space I'd have 20'6" x 8' wide - fine for storage, but useless when the body comes off the chassis !!!

I've tried all manner of solutions - from looking into temporary gazebos for storage, to renting units, to renting space in my works' unit, to attempting to buy my neighbour's garage, to renting other neighbour's garages but, alas, all non-starters.

So I need to build.

I have a area available to me which is nominally 20' long x 17' wide (basically generous double-garage size).  This space is really tight for doing what I need to but my best (and only) option.

It needs to be built quickly and there's a lot of work involved so I've written-off progress on any other project I have once it starts (which'll be soon).

:chiny:
Projects / Re: Roadkill's 1958 Cadillac - PROJECT THREAD
« Last post by Roadkill on August 23, 2016, 10:40:45 am »
Been putting some miles on the old girl this month - Old Warden for the SuperNats and Sywell for Atomic . . . even took Jensen out for a short drive earlier in the month, too (his first in the Caddy).

She's behaved herself - generally - but did get hot coming back from Old Warden. 

I appear to have resolved a long-running water leak she had . . . I've also identified the source of the long-running brake fluid leak she has (but done nothing as it's manageable) . . . The last fluid leak she has is ATF . . . . which seems to be worse when she's hot . . meh . . I'll keep topping her up.
Oil level seems fairly stable.

I've not done anymore to the fuel set-up on the new motor . . . I've been busy doing various other things and the workshop is rammed (again).  I have now ordered the special low pressure fuel gauge from Vintage Speed in the states so will push on once that's arrived.

I've also ordered a set of vintage N.O.S key blanks as I only have one set for her and the ignition key is looking frail, to say the least.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about how I want her to "look" when she's done . . . . Part of me would love her all shiny, shiny . . . . this is a simple route as there's an obvious finish line . . . the other part of me loves the patina but this is difficult to know how to progress - especially with regards to the interior, which does need doing but how do you do it and immediately make it look old and worn ??

:pass:

Difficult.

Projects / Re: Incursus's Mustang
« Last post by Incursus on August 23, 2016, 10:25:53 am »
Yeah more than I expected. 😁
Projects / Re: Incursus's Mustang
« Last post by Roadkill on August 23, 2016, 10:25:11 am »
It got good money, though - just caught the auction as it ended.

:up:
« Last post by Roadkill on August 23, 2016, 10:23:26 am »
I should really sell Jensen's . . . the little $hit has grown 3 inches in the passed couple of months - I doubt the lanky fekker would fit in it now !!
« Last post by Incursus on August 22, 2016, 05:56:39 pm »
Maybe.. :chiny:  How much would you be looking for?
Any pics?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10