Author Topic: Can someone recommend . . . .  (Read 3173 times)

Roadkill

Can someone recommend . . . .
« on: August 03, 2009, 03:32:02 pm »
A decent-ish speaker/sub arrange for P.C, please ?

It's going to be a permanent install (in the garage) and will be used for general P.C stuff but mainly play music via itunes.

I'm not looking for cinema quality - just something good with reasonable bass and what's well built.

Ta.

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 03:51:22 pm »

£29.71
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116852

I have the surround sound version with the x3 extra speakers but you really dont need the other speakers as the wires get in the way etc, so they have all ended up under my desk. The sub and x2 main speakers are uber for the price You also get an adjuster knob on the back for the bass levels so you dont upset your neighbours
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mfatw.com/WD
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 05:49:25 pm »
Quoting: Cunning Plan
You also get an adjuster knob on the back for the bass levels so you CAN upset your neighbours

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 08:22:45 pm »
a domestic amp and  pair of cheapie speakers from richer sounds. will out perform any pc speaker system, they all sound fairly pants until you spend a LOT of money, even then the home amp / speaker combo would comfortably out perform it at the same price level.

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 10:11:56 pm »

£29.71
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116852

thats not a bad price - they are the upgraded ones to what i have in the caravan and they are brill so these can only be as good if not better!

Andy

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 10:51:56 pm »
I have the same as CP but with the extra 3 speakers. They tend to last (or at least mine have) about 3 ~ 4 years... both occasions something has come unstuck in the sub and started rattling. But for about £40 for the 5.1 ones its kinda worth it. Decent quality and a nice sub. Don't really know how well they will work in a garage tbh, as you're talking about a long old room, with not so fantastic acoustic qualities. In a small room or area, they're fairly decent but imagine any larger and the bass will be lost.

Roadkill

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 08:14:29 am »
Cheers, guys.

Will get them on order.

Sound should be O.K in the garage . . . may sound a little odd at the other end but without putting multiple speakers in that can't be avoided . . . . . .

. . . .

. . . . . . . .

No.  I'm not putting multiple speakers in . . . .

Roadkill

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 08:32:20 am »
Ordered !

The credit card's takin' a beatin' this month !

Roadkill

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 08:35:39 am »
Quoting: philoldsmobile
a domestic amp and pair of cheapie speakers from richer sounds.

I had considered it - especially as I have an old Amp in the loft . . .

However.

Space is very limited in the garage (and I wouldn't want it on the workbench) and the only place it could go doesn't have power nearby (meaning I'd have to specifically run power to it, for it - more work).

Plus, for the cost of £30 I'd struggle to find a pair of speakers for that alone.

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 10:43:02 am »
@RK - also another benifit of connecting straight to your rig is that you have or should have all your music already on it, just press random and BAM your own radio station.. Also, you can access all the online radio stations to mix it up a little.. Lastfm is good to play with as it searches other bands by the band you like..

I know you could probably wire the rig to the house speaker option but thats yet another device and more work as RK says for roughly the same result..

I want to put some speakers in my parent's garage, i might go with the same setup :D
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Roadkill

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 01:24:58 pm »
you have or should have all your music already on it

Yup.

All 3-and-a-half weeks' worth.