Author Topic: My Model T is now "offically" a Luxury car !  (Read 868 times)

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
My Model T is now "offically" a Luxury car !
« on: November 30, 2014, 02:21:08 pm »
I was out in the T this morning when I took a phone call from Management, luckily just for a change I was stopped at Greg's,  because the first owner forgot to order the bluetooth option

So Management doing her good deed for the day had taken a load of clothes and shoes to the clothing bank. However when she went to put them into the container there was a roll of car carpet standing besides it, too big to fit inside.
Now with her years of hearing me rabbit on about health & safety, she immediately realise that it was a serious trip hazard, so rang me for urgent H&S advice
I suggested that she put it into the back of her car and bring it home, so that I could conduct a through Risk Asessment

As luck would have it, my Risk Assessment showed it to be a brand new roll of car type carpet, approx 2m wide x 3m long, my years of finely turned Health & Safety experience kicked in and I devised a quick and easy countermeasure to reduce any hazards ?

I'd cut it up to fit the Model T

First remove the floor boards :

Use as a marking template :

Then cut out the carpet (safety first always ask a responsible adult for guidance before using scissors or knifes)  :

Stick down with some spray glue last used to fix the headlining in the GMC van. Note : A further task completion Risk Assessment revealed a likely hood of the carpet strips fouling the pedals, so the carpet was cut back around the pedal box area.

Finally Management gave it a once over with the vacuum, the Model T is now "officially" a Luxury car with fitted carpet

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 03:36:32 pm »
Looks nice, but as you have no roof, is it not going to get really wet and mildew?
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 04:27:32 pm »
Quoting: Cunning Plan
Looks nice, but as you have no roof, is it not going to get really wet and mildew?

Only if it rains

NB : I fully intend to drive it in the first snow of the year, but it's not the sort of car you drive in the rain

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 06:06:59 pm »
nice work mrs f body...

oh and yours is ok too martini ...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Andy

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 06:53:54 pm »
Retard / Static / Progress / Star Trek!