Author Topic: Forum Time . . . . ?  (Read 627 times)

Roadkill

Forum Time . . . . ?
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:22:50 pm »
Just flicking through some older topics and notice that the times of posts don't seem to be correct.

I've noticed several on-forum conversations happening between several people happening at 3am when they clearly weren't !!!

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Forum Time . . . . ?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:25:17 pm »
yeah have noticed this before, but i think it was on the old server as that time was always wrong

Roadkill

Forum Time . . . . ?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 12:28:40 pm »
Ahh, Makes sense.

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mfatw.com/WD
Forum Time . . . . ?
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 12:29:06 pm »
This will be a consequence of the board having been run on 2 different servers with different time zones.

The posts are stored with the actual server time on it.  On the old server, the time was GMT, so were correct for us.  

When we moved to the new one, it's US time (not sure which), and is x hours out.  

To get around this, the forum allows you to add/subtract a fixed amount of time from the stored post to be displayed.  Now we have the correct time being shown for the US servers, but not the old posts.

Roadkill

Forum Time . . . . ?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 12:31:15 pm »
Mistery solved.

Thank you.  

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Forum Time . . . . ?
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 12:45:59 pm »
And here was me thinking this thread was about finding out how many hours we've each spent logged in...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Forum Time . . . . ?
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 12:50:51 pm »
Quoting: FUBAR
And here was me thinking this thread was about finding out how many hours we've each spent logged in...

That'd be scary.