Author Topic: Remote Control Garage Door For Sale.  (Read 1525 times)

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Remote Control Garage Door For Sale.
« on: July 24, 2013, 04:04:56 pm »
It's a standard single size (Height 77" - 195.5cm & Width 83" - 211cm) Wessex Fiberglass Garage door with a galvanized steel frame.

It has an electric Slave Door remote control opener with two remotes.

Note : This is a quality screw type opener, not a cheap chain driven type.

The flowers are only stickers and can be peeled off :

Length of screw unit overall = 306cm.

I made and fitted a rubber gasket to seal the top edge which is removable if required :

Overall in excellent condition, after all the Camaro rarely comes out !

I'm an only selling it because I am replacing it with a roller shutter door because Management's car takes up all the drive space, meaning I can't open it

Two remotes :

Yours for only £150 ono , buyer collects from Luton ( would fit on a large roof rack or probably inside Roadkills Mondy ).

Video of door opening & closing, it also has a safety bump stop feature that reverses the door should it hit an obstickle whilst opening or closing and an integral light which stays on for three minutes after use.

http://youtu.be/CRUw-PSI-OM

It also has an additional security bolt fitted to the bottom rail :

Andy

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:01 am »
When you say roller shutter door, like an industrial galvanised one?

Looks a lovely bit of kit though! Wish I could have that fitted to our garage, only problem is we have an 'odd' size garage door

Roadkill

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:45:11 am »
Quoting: Andy
When you say roller shutter door, like an industrial galvanised one?

You can get powdered coated ones, too.  I think my roller shutter is PC aluminium.

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 10:22:39 am »
Quoting: Roadkill
You can get powdered coated ones

Mine will be powered coated white

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 09:47:39 am »
Well the new door is sort of fitted

The door itself is quite good for £199 :

However I was strongly warned not to attempt fitting it myself, because firstly it weighs 120kg and secondly is a real git to fit. So I paid the supplier to do it

It took five fitters and a little over 6 hours Could be the best £100 I've spent

The end result is very poor, so poor in fact that I refused to pay them

Main support bracket on the left side has four rawl bolts :

Whilst the on the right only has one and half

The new fascia is just crap, not level and the ceiling plasterboard is exposed

This gap is apparently to let you leave the keys in when your raise the door

The left hand locking bar is doing sweet FA and the hole is so big it jams the door when closing :

So they are returning on Saturday to do it properly, I've been out and bought a UPVC soffit to match the door for £13

If they want paying they have to fix the R/H bracket, replace the L/H track and cut a proper smaller locking hole in it, replace the soffit level with the door, close off the ceiling and fit a brush strip between the soffit and top of the door

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:51:17 am »
NB : Since the door and remote control opener is now cluttering up my garage I'm open to any reasonable monetary offers

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 10:00:37 am »
good on ya marty ...

looks like a couple of monkeys been doing the fitting
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 10:39:03 am »
Wow - I think, from memory me and Titsy fitted my door (in about 3 hours) - It looks Identical to that but no way weighed 120kg . . . more like 40kg.

Even a galvanised industrial shutter that size doesn't weigh that (I know, I've put in plenty).

I think I got mine from Glideroll or someone like that.  Good door, been up for  7 years this month.

(mid-fitting)

EDIT - The cut-outs for the locks look shit - It'll be rattling around something rotten on a breezy day.
I cut my holes, then filed them so it was a snug fit . . . I then hammered the side rails in to close the gap to further keep the wind out.

EDIT EDIT - In pictures 3 & 4, it shows the top of the vertical tracks . . . they're too high.  They should have a small "lead in" to stop the door jamming.  It looks like they've just cut the lead-ins off entirely because they didn't trim the bottoms properly.

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 03:53:29 pm »
Quoting: Roadkill
It looks like they've just cut the lead-ins off entirely because they didn't trim the bottoms properly.

I don't think they did anything properly

Saturday's return visit should be fun

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 06:25:12 pm »
Quoting: F Body
Saturday's return visit should be fun

Well moved all the cars and emptied the garage at 09:30am, they said that they would arrive after 10am.

Had the Camaro outside with it's cover on, but it was so windy it wouldn't stay on

Finally had a phone call at 14:30pm from the Garage Door Company telling me that they were too far away and couldn't make it today

Then it started to rain heavily on the Camaro

F'ing Muppets, gonna finish the job myself next weekend

Andy

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 06:55:21 pm »
You still haven't paid them have you? I would hold off, then send them a bill for your own time and materials.

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bigmouseracing.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 09:46:39 am »
You have to give any company sufficient time to put right any defects in their work. I think you've complied with that by arranging a return call for a second day to rectify their initial work. They failed to turn up.

I suspect you will have to fabricate the bits you need, I wouldn't bet on them supplying it for you.

I always use John Brier doors in MK for replacement doors, we do between 5-10 a year. A bit pricier than other suppliers but I've never had to call them back yet, other than to one door which had developed a fault that was down to the manufacturer.

5 fitters and 6 hours sounds extreme - were they foreign by any chance?

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 09:42:12 am »
Quoting: Big Mouse
5 fitters and 6 hours sounds extreme - were they foreign by any chance?

No just your normal British Cowboys

UPDATE : Had a phone call from Management at 09:30am and they just turned up without warning

Said that they were going to sort the front soffit out but nothing else

Phoned the company and suggested that it might be a better solution to do all the repairs at the same time

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 05:36:21 pm »
Looks OK, level and matches the door :

Smaller gap at top now fitted with a brush strip :

Now after replacing the old asbestos soffits, gutters, all the windows front & rear and a lick of paint, the old F Body hideout is looking a lot smarter :

There goes my new car fund..........again

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 06:11:11 pm »
Quoting: F Body
NB : Since the door and remote control opener is now cluttering up my garage I'm open to any reasonable monetary offers

Might be worth making an unreasonable offer unless I find time to bung it on E Gay