Author Topic: Camaro Z28 for sale.  (Read 1662 times)

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« on: December 07, 2013, 09:43:13 am »
Every year I consider selling my Camaro because it just doesn't get used

However being mortgage free and now cash rich, I have the opportunity to put something else in the garage

The question is how much is it worth ?????

2000 model year Camaro Z28 - 5.7 V8 Auto.

Mileage 21,083 miles - One owner.

Taxed end of June 2014, MOT'd till Sept 2014.

Immaculate original condition, maintained regardless of cost using genuine GM parts.

It also has the BEST vehicle history files you will ever find !  

Including from new weekly mileage sheets, photographic service records, every single receipt including purchase invoice, fuel consumption records, original sales brochures and price lists, total expenditure log now reading £45,956 , full GM service manuals, OBDII reader, etc , etc.

Personalized registration FB Z28 valued at £2k.

I would really like to sell her to someone who is going to look after her, but at the end of the day cash is cash !

So what do you think it's worth and where would be the best place to sell her

Probably not the best time of year either, unless someone wants a really good Christmas present ?

Andy

Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 10:26:54 am »
This is not the thing I want to see.

At the moment I'm looking at two routes, either engine swap in mine (really not sure of this as the engine is only the start) or selling and buying a 4th Gen Z28...

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 10:42:43 am »
i would imagine around a 1/4 of what you have spent on it ...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 01:09:27 pm »
it's VERY unfortunate but the value is probably only 15-20% more than your average model for sale at the moment.  Unless it goes to a collector, in which case I have no idea of what someone's prepared to pay.  But for your average guy a full service record (even though yours is particularly special) only adds a certain amount to the value.

I would say, whatever a stock nice one is worth, add 10-15% as yours is mint, properly.  Then add the same again for the impeccable record?  Is a stocker worth about £8k?  So this maybe £11-12k?  

Unless you implement the 'collector' variable, in which case

Rob

• Filthy Ho
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 01:44:53 pm »
Quoting: EDGE
Is a stocker worth about £8k? So this maybe £11-12k?

Hate to say it but IMO that is a little high.

Personally I think you would be lucky to get £8k

Roadkill

Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 01:52:27 pm »
Quoting: Rob

I'd say £7k . . . Maybe a dealer could ask for a bit more but people ain't really that interested in them to justify big bucks.

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 02:06:30 pm »
ive got a startin bid...

.. of £1,500...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 02:07:01 pm »
I'll P/X a '05 Mondeo.

Andy

Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 02:50:30 pm »
Having been following the price of these for a while. Dealers and private sellers at the moment are struggling to flog these for £6k. These are quadruple the mileage, so thats something, but Dave picked up his 98 Z28 for £3.5k so...

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 03:40:36 pm »
Massive shame to sell something you have looked after so well. I was always annoyed that I didn't buy your Astro van

Quoting: Roadkill
but people ain't really that interested in them to justify big bucks.

Unfortunately, as much as I like the VW scene, most are just rusty, agricultural vehicles with a massive following, but, they sell well and the values appreciate quickly, something American cars are not as successful with. Which, considering what you get for your money, is crazy really.

Quoting: F Body
mortgage free

now cash rich

So, how about holding on to it as an investment? If selling it is more about gaining space than releasing funds, why not tuck it up in a container / lock-up somewhere then come back to it when / if the market values rise?

You could even hold on to it as an investment for a family member?

The truth is, all of that hard work will probably be lost on the next owner who will just use and abuse it until it ends up in the same condition as all of the others out there, but only after:

Quoting: art b
i would imagine around a 1/4 of what you have spent on it .
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 05:11:42 pm »
Quoting: Rob

To be honest I was thinking around the £8k mark

Quoting: Roadkill
I'll P/X a '05 Mondeo.

Tempting

Quoting: Cunning Plan
If selling it is more about gaining space than releasing funds,

Yes haven't got the room for another vehicle and storage wouldn't do the car any favors either

Might have a punt over on Pistonheads

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 09:53:28 am »
Quiet literally a shed full of new GM spares, front and rear brake pads, front discs, oil filters, air filters, gear box filter kit, gaskets, spark plugs, engine, gearbox and diff oils, limited slip diff additive, etc, etc.
Also a spare set of unmarked electric door mirrors, exhaust, prop shaft, air con compressor, radio/CD, electric aerial,  headlights, tail lights, HT leads, electrical relays, additional unused spare wheel and loads of others bits and bobs I have forgotten about !

Andy

Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 10:25:22 am »
Dude, what condition are the headlights in?

I've tried several 'products' to fix my dads ones but the pitting is pretty severe...

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 08:32:06 pm »
Quoting: Andy
Dude, what condition are the headlights in?

The good news is that they are brand new unused, the bad news is that they are left hand drive headlights, because my car was a German spec vehicle.

Unfortunately they are not interchangeable

Rob

• Filthy Ho
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 09:36:30 am »
Quiet literally a shed full of new GM spares

I'll let you know....

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 11:39:57 am »
selling my Camaro because it just doesn't get used

Forced myself to find the time to drive her on her regular 19 mile round route to today

That's it for this year a grand total of 704 miles

Re Selling, gonna wait until the spring sunshine is out unless somone beats a path to my garage door

Andy

Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 11:46:09 am »
Have you seen that '05 plate' Camaro in white on Pistonheads classifieds?

That one doesn't make sense, part euro spec, part American and a 2001 car on a 05 plate?!

Adding a link would probably help...

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/chevrolet/camaro/chevrolet-gmc-camaro-2005/1905838

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 01:19:33 pm »
Talking Shit:Just means it's the model that was released in 2001, not that it was built in 2001. And most likely changed the bumper over rater than have to bolt on an aftermarket fog light...

Andy

Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 01:29:54 pm »
Quoting: Titsy
Just means it's the model that was released in 2001, not that it was built in 2001. And most likely changed the bumper over rater than have to bolt on an aftermarket fog light...

But how does it end up with an 05 plate? I though the DVLA have to give it a manufacture year plate. That in the eyes of most would make them think thats only an 8 year old car, not 13.

Roadkill

Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 02:16:54 pm »
But how does it end up with an 05 plate? I though the DVLA have to give it a manufacture year plate. That in the eyes of most would make them think thats only an 8 year old car, not 13.

Dunno - my '67 Dodge was imported in '75 and had a '75 plate on it . . .

Andy

Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 03:18:44 pm »
That's odd, all our cars have age related plates, '67 Mustang on an E, both '91s on J plates, the '98 on an S plate.

I was pretty sure that's what the prefix denoted, the year of manufacture, not import. Also that's why you have to have all you documents in order because if they can't date the car they put it in a Q plate.

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 03:27:02 pm »
sometimes a car can sit for years and never be registered, once it is you end up with a registered date WAY out of whack with date of manufacture...

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Camaro Z28 for sale.
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 09:04:35 pm »
Have you seen that '05 plate' Camaro in white on Pistonheads classifieds?

That one doesn't make sense, part euro spec, part American and a 2001 car on a 05 plate?!

Weird the spec is year 2000+ like my 1999 built 2000 spec, except for the heater controls which are 1998 spec ????
Lights, bumpers and wing mounted indicators are pure Euro spec, but the mirrors and seats are US spec ????
The original wheels are painted and not chromed like mine, which were only available on German Euro Spec cars ????
All also has cloth seats and a fixed aerial, again Euro spec V8 cars had leather and an electric aerial as standard ????

So my best guess is that it was a US spec car 1998 car fitted with later model Euro spec parts

Quoting: EDGE
sometimes a car can sit for years and never be registered, once it is you end up with a registered date WAY out of whack with date of manufacture...

Indeed my car was built on Tuesday 16th November 1999 as a 2000 model year German Euro spec car, but wasn't registered in the UK until Dec 2001/Jan 2002