Author Topic: Apple TV For Sale  (Read 1632 times)

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Apple TV For Sale
« on: December 13, 2013, 04:57:38 pm »
Hi everyone, having a bit of a technology refresh at home so Im selling my original Apple TV, 1st generation with the original 160GB hard drive. I am only selling this one as I have upgraded to the new model.

I have owned this since new and it has never failed, never been taken apart to upgrade the hard drive (as many have) and has only ever had Apple software updates, this box has never been 'jail broken'.

The Apple TV itself is in as new condition, as you can see from the photos I have wiped it to factory settings and is therefore running the original software. It can be upgraded though the menu as can be seen in the picture.

Condition wise externally it is unmarked, it has always been looked after and has survived as such.

The power cable has 'Apple TV' written on it as to help me identify it among all the plugs behind the tv.

The original remote control is still wrapped in the original Apple plastic that it was supplied in. It has never been unwrapped and is still on its original battery. The plastic is a little grubby but I assume the winning bidder will want to remove the wrapping anyway.

Delivery will be by courier or collection is welcomed.

I've currently got it listed on eBay where they go for between £90-£120ish.  I'd happily take an offer on it from someone on here :)

anyone interested in a great piece of hardware??

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Apple TV For Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 12:17:23 pm »
What can this one do/doesn't do that the newer one can/can't?

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Apple TV For Sale
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 04:37:02 pm »
this one cant play the newest h264 codecs by default but it CAN be jail broken to play everything and anything.  That's why these are worth so much, the new ones cant be hacked.

If you're interested it ends on ebay in about an hour!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161171927659

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Apple TV For Sale
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 06:36:08 pm »
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Andy

Apple TV For Sale
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 11:57:03 am »
Good work that man! I just had to buy a new remote for my Apple TV as the old one has stopped working. No idea why, new battery, tried pairing it with other things, just dead! Will be dissecting it later as it fascinates me how they make them.

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Apple TV For Sale
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 03:01:28 pm »
Sold for the right price in the end. Very nerve racking as no bugger bids to th last second