Author Topic: Dyno-Shaft Home Dyno ?  (Read 6107 times)

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Dyno-Shaft Home Dyno ?
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:49:29 am »
Know idea if this works or how accurate it is

But I like the idea

Unless you happen to own a dyno, accurately keeping track of which modifications benefit your vehicle may be a seat-of-the-pants operation. AEM is hoping to change that for people who are serious about wringing the absolute most out of their vehicle with the Dyno-Shaft

The Dyno-Shaft uses grade-strain gauges to measure horsepower and torque at the transmission output shaft, so AEM maintains that the system's readings aren't impacted by variables that typically skew accelerometer readings

AEM says that the the data broadcast device for the system is non-contact, doesn't use slip rings and needs no batteries

Buyers simply install the supplied slip-yolk as well as a drive-shaft speed sensor and get going. Data is transmitted via a CAN-bus communications network to a data logger or an AEM engine management system. Prices start at $1,160.96 for cast-iron slip yolk applications, and AEM says that each Dyno-Shaft is specifically calibrated for your application.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/dyno-shaft-on-vehicle-dyno-73/dyno-shaft-on-vehicle-dyno-sportsman-series-74/

Roadkill

Dyno-Shaft Home Dyno ?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 05:21:37 pm »
Quoting: F Body
I like the idea  

Me too.

But it's probably cheaper to take your car to a Dyno !!!

Quoting: F Body
AEM says that each Dyno-Shaft is specifically calibrated for your application.

That sounds like you can't use it across your fleet (unless they're all the same).

EDIT - My cars are too old !!!