Author Topic: Time to get insurance again....  (Read 7054 times)

Roadkill

Time to get insurance again....
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 01:48:29 pm »
Good news.

Andy

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 02:17:24 pm »
I've double and triple checked all the documents against my current and old policies and I can't spot the 'too good to be true' issue. As yet, it's just a different underwriter. So maybe the start of cheap yank car insurance for me! Yay!

Andy

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 11:45:35 am »
Just a follow up on this. My focus came up for renewal and Admiral weren't budging on their price so hunted around on the comparison sites. Found a company called eChoice from RSA, who wanted £310 for the year, under cutting my best offer from HIC of £330. So I went with them, got the policy documents through and from what I had apparently bought on the screen to what came through the post was completely different, barely any cover included in the 'fully comp' policy. I ended up cancelling it just within the 14 day cool off period and went back to HIC who honoured their quote and sorted it all out within about 10mins.

What really made my check my policy was the wreck my sister was involved in a couple of weeks ago that resulted in her car needing recovery. When I went to look at the echoice policy nothing like that is covered, then you dig a bit deeper and find stuff you find standard on other policies isn't either. So chalk another one up for HIC!

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 09:40:12 am »
Quoting: Andy
HIC just came in with a storming quote of £240 Fully Comp

Right what am I doing wrong!

Cheapest quote for the Mustang (fully comp. limited to 1500 miles) is Adrian flux at £375
HIC - £392..

Ok it's still £100 down on last year but my Mondeo is just over £300 and insured for 26K miles a year...

Must be the LU postcode cos I'm a smidge older than Andy and it's only a V6!

Andy

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 12:26:31 pm »
My postcode is very 'good' apparently. I also have it down as being on a secure drive (we have security gates).

I have it down as 5,000 miles and Fully comp, as that was the only option of policy they would do. Its a second car too.

Another possibility is my car is a bit older and deemed more of a classic than yours.

Andy

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 11:51:25 am »
Just had my renewal come through from HIC, £249.11... just like Edge, let the games begin!

EDIT:

Stevenage insurance: £530

Adrian Flux: £320

Performance Direct: £403.11p

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 03:36:20 pm »
I don't even wait for the jacked up renewal notices anymore, just hit comparison websites and get the cover I want, with the right amount of excess, job done !

My Kawasaki insurance runs out on 1st Sept, spent a couple of hours on line on Saturday, bought it on Sunday and got all the docs by e-mail today.

Swiftcover haven't even sent me a renewal letter or e-mail yet for the current policy, but since I paid a total of £234 ( changed half through the policy from the Ducati) and since I now have a £100 less excess and protected no claims for £163, job done !

NB: Will also get a few quid back from Top Cash Back

EDIT : I used to have all my polices with Adrain Fuks, but when challenged about their "We will beat any quote" policy, they said that the two quoted companies we not on there list ! Wouldn't mind but they are no even an insurance company ? They are just a Broker who's job is to get you the best policy, not rape you at every renewal !

*UCK ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES