Author Topic: I could cry , I really could  (Read 3359 times)

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
I could cry , I really could
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2007, 12:15:59 am »
thats always the gamble you take...

buying statside you will have all sorts of iffs and buts - even buying from a UK supplier there may be some hassle, as the dispute in event of a non functioning trans is often thrown between the installer and supplier.. what happens then, you have spent a grand or more,, and still dont have a working car..

with someone like GM transmitions its simple... take the car in, 3 days later hand over cash and drive out.... no hassle no worries and if it comes grinding to a halt a week later, its fixed again for free

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2007, 12:29:28 am »
has phil left his PR job at  halfruads now,
and moved to GM transmissionS  ?
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

HardRockCamaro

• Low Down Dirty ho
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lightsourcemedia.co.uk
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2007, 01:28:00 am »
I normally won't use UK companies unless it's a real low order value or if it's something complex (eg transmission) that I feel I can't fit myself and they're likely to damage during fitting leaving me high and dry.

Otherwise, sorry, but UK customer serice blows.  On the rare ocassion I've had a problem with something from the States it's been sported out straight away with no quibble (once I had to pay to return a part that failed but I can't blame them for that, it's my own fault I live over here).  One company (TPIS) sent me a replacement part on their own dime and didn't even want me to send them the faulty one.

We get bent over on price here too.

As for WRE and Summit, I fail to see how Summit think they can get away with that and I fail to believe that the credit card company would let them if the issue had been taken up with them.

CJ-IROCZ

• Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2007, 02:26:29 am »
Thanks forall the info guys

Pro built was the company that has been recommended to me by shed loads of people ont the thirdgen boards. its by no means a cheap box but it still works out cheaper

I've made no final decisions yet but really appreciate all the information im getting

1.30 in the morning and icant sleep due to worry about my sodding car taht aint right is it

Just out of curiosity has anyone had any experience with alders transmissions ??

Rocky

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2007, 09:13:46 am »
My personal opinion is dont touch any transmission company over here i have seen some of the work most of these guys do, And have sold many good boxes to people who have had boxes built time and time again and are fed up of having it done so buy a good secondhand one.
GM Transmissions can do the work but dont get them to install it.

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2007, 08:41:43 pm »
Quoting: Rocky
GM Transmissions can do the work but dont get them to install it.

they were fine with the one in my old car.  maybe it was because I said "don't put it on a 2 post lift, the floors not strong enough" had them scared so they thought they'd better do a good job...

n.b. this was before Rocky's place repaired it!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Rocky

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:22 pm »
Didnt that still have a small trans leak though. I may be wrong all i remember is all that welding

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2007, 09:32:56 pm »
Quoting: Rocky
Didnt that still have a small trans leak though

the engine leaked a fair bit...   might have had something to do with me trying to start if with 12.5ltrs of petrol infested oil in the oil system
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...