Author Topic: Random Car  (Read 4330 times)

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2005, 11:19:20 pm »
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mfatw.com/WD
Random Car
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2005, 11:19:57 pm »

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2005, 11:20:14 pm »

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2005, 11:23:35 pm »
LMAO we must be doing the same websearch m8!!!!!!!

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2005, 11:24:15 pm »

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 11:24:21 pm »
here's an Arty one...

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 11:24:31 pm »

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005, 11:24:52 pm »
and again

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2005, 11:31:18 pm »
isn't this just an excuse for whoring & stealing other peoples bandwidth??

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2005, 11:32:25 pm »
yes i believe it is nice photochop work on the colored one

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2005, 11:33:22 pm »
yeah I likes that one too + the one above it is sweet very arty done with lights 'n' stuff  looks like the bumper is still good too if anyone has a whetever it is!!!

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2005, 11:33:52 pm »
Damn ryans catching me up but im still 100 ahead at the moment

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2005, 11:34:47 pm »
Quoting: 55starchief
Damn ryans catching me up but im still 100 ahead at the moment

I'm nearly on 'Ho level!!! yeay!!

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2005, 11:35:28 pm »
im nearly on 700 which i think might be another level

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2005, 11:39:28 pm »
Quoting: 55starchief
im nearly on 700 which i think might be another level

I doubt it, not that close after 600 being a level wouldn't suprise me if its 900

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2005, 11:50:22 pm »
Quoting: FUBAR
I doubt it, not that close after 600 being a level wouldn't suprise me if its 900

Or maybe even higher

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2005, 05:17:31 am »
like 1001 given tha 'ho was 601 this would indicate a appropriate level

still no need to go silly now, all in good time!

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2005, 05:44:39 am »
To bring a bit of subject to this thread, I find it amazing that a scenario like this:

can occur, that car must have sat there for years or even decades never been touched or messed with;   the tires slowly died, original paint gradually burnt off by the harsh desert sun while it just laid there idle, engine poised (well for a while), waiting for something to happen... Its not rusted away like any car neglected in this way would do in another state or in this country (Valiant Cuda anyone??), its just stayed there, 50 to 55 year old steel...  kind of timeless in a way that is almost unique.

I suppose this was the idea & ultimately the ideal behind the conception of the Cadillac Ranch, Texas.  I'd imagine it was originally intended as a timeless rain-free testament to the "fins & chrome" era of the fifties, either that or a bunch of hippies in the 70s decided to just fuk up a load of cheap (!!!) cars.  The sad fact is that, whatever its original intention or design the resulting monument to American automotive history has become too famous for its own good, & as a result attracts hoards of "trophy hunters" looking for a piece of the action.  If those Caddys had been left as this ___________ (insert name here) has it would be far more a poininent symbol than the mere graffiti ridden, door less, bashed up shadow of its former self that it has become.
I think that this can be best explained by the difference between the two pictures below:

Then

Today

These aren’t Cadillacs anymore, yes they were Glorious Caddy's 50 years ago, now they are just a pile of junk sticking out of the ground, every inch of their original appeal & charisma ruined over the years by people “making their mark” & since all the bits that you didn’t need a welding torch to remove have been nicked this basically involves smashing the thing to bits & writing crap all over it in the name of “ART” (not Mr. Burgess, he ain’t that famous!) most of these don't even have fins anymore, even they, the whole point of the piece in the first place has been smashed in by morons... defeats the whole point really doesn't it!

This is why I like these random desert abandoned car pics & the one at the top, along with the original Camaro pic just about sums up why I started this thread.

My god!  a meaningful post!  That has to be the longest & most thought provoking in the history of this forum, & to think I posted it when i'm a tad drunk!!!

Ryan

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2005, 07:23:35 pm »
My god! a meaningful post! That has to be the longest & most thought provoking in the history of this forum, & to think I posted it when i'm a tad drunk!!!

That's it, you're banned.

Too much sensible info, and on topic.

Roadkill

Random Car
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2005, 05:50:04 pm »
Red Card !!!

Roadkill

Random Car
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2005, 05:50:23 pm »
(You're right Though)

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2005, 05:51:20 pm »
To bring a bit of subject to this thread, I find it amazing that a scenario like this:

can occur, that car must have sat there for years or even decades never been touched or messed with; the tires slowly died, original paint gradually burnt off by the harsh desert sun while it just laid there idle, engine poised (well for a while), waiting for something to happen... Its not rusted away like any car neglected in this way would do in another state or in this country (Valiant Cuda anyone??), its just stayed there, 50 to 55 year old steel... kind of timeless in a way that is almost unique.

I suppose this was the idea & ultimately the ideal behind the conception of the Cadillac Ranch, Texas. I'd imagine it was originally intended as a timeless rain-free testament to the "fins & chrome" era of the fifties, either that or a bunch of hippies in the 70s decided to just fuk up a load of cheap (!!!) cars. The sad fact is that, whatever its original intention or design the resulting monument to American automotive history has become too famous for its own good, & as a result attracts hoards of "trophy hunters" looking for a piece of the action. If those Caddys had been left as this ___________ (insert name here) has it would be far more a poininent symbol than the mere graffiti ridden, door less, bashed up shadow of its former self that it has become.
I think that this can be best explained by the difference between the two pictures below:

Then

Today

These aren’t Cadillacs anymore, yes they were Glorious Caddy's 50 years ago, now they are just a pile of junk sticking out of the ground, every inch of their original appeal & charisma ruined over the years by people “making their mark” & since all the bits that you didn’t need a welding torch to remove have been nicked this basically involves smashing the thing to bits & writing crap all over it in the name of “ART” (not Mr. Burgess, he ain’t that famous!) most of these don't even have fins anymore, even they, the whole point of the piece in the first place has been smashed in by morons... defeats the whole point really doesn't it!

This is why I like these random desert abandoned car pics & the one at the top, along with the original Camaro pic just about sums up why I started this thread.

My god! a meaningful post! That has to be the longest & most thought provoking in the history of this forum, & to think I posted it when i'm a tad drunk!!!

Ryan

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Random Car
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2005, 05:56:26 pm »
Quoting: Roadkill
(You're right Though)

I do have these moments of clarity occasionally...

Roadkill

Random Car
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2005, 06:03:42 pm »
That's the reason I drink too.