Author Topic: Mustang owners???  (Read 1317 times)

Ponti

• Trainee Ho
    • View Profile
    • http://uk.geocities.com/uk_pontiac_racing/
Mustang owners???
« on: April 15, 2010, 04:31:51 pm »
Do any of you guys have a newer 'Stang pre '04??

My otherhalf, now my wife( we got married last weekend) has liked them since they came out. And I was wondering if any of you had 1 that I could possibly let her have a drive of.  Pretty Please.

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:26:45 pm »
ok, mine was an earlier SN95 (1st facelift from 96 - 99), but they are pretty much the same, just a facelift from 99 - 04.

please for the love of god dont, please please please do not buy one, they are hand grenades without a pin, poor trans, weak engine, nasty handling, slow as hell and thirsty. they look good, but thats about it.

you'd be better off buying a kia pride and burning the change.

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 05:44:01 pm »
Quoting: philoldsmobile
please for the love of god dont, please please please do not buy one, they are hand grenades without a pin, poor trans, weak engine, nasty handling, slow as hell and thirsty. they look good, but thats about it.

you'd be better off buying a kia pride and burning the change.

Feck Off and Die

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 06:19:26 pm »
you've been lucky....so far  

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 06:19:53 pm »
Quoting: philoldsmobile
they are hand grenades without a pin, poor trans, weak engine, nasty handling, slow as hell and thirsty. they look good, but thats about it.

Come on PhilO don't beat around the bush

Well I would argue that the above applys to all Fords seeing as they made however many hundreds of thousands, yes there would have been a few Pups, but they aren't all bad

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 07:12:34 pm »
Theyre nice cars matey (congrats on the wedding) I've got my 96 saleen and it drives perfectly. There are lots of good ones about depending in what you've got to spend. Pop over to the mustang owners club ( mocgb.co.uk) and have a sniff about there.

You can safely ignore everything phil says about mustangs, he LOVED his, drove it everywhere and only fell out of love because no garage in the uk could figure out the problem it had. It did appear to be a major problem eventually and the v6 motor needed replacing which I sourced for about £500.   Don't deny you loved that car phil. Don't.  It didn't leave you on tr side of the m1 either, or give you grief selling it like the horrendously expensive to maintain lexis

anyways. They are lovely cars, better visibility than a 4th gen camaro but get a post 99 v8, with 265 hp and an auto trans they ate perfect when cared for. Cheap to maintain too, no hiddeously expensive parts luke clutches and wishbones ;)

of course. If you want to spend a fortune on maintenance, develop a liking for the esspresso at the dealership, worry if things are gonna work and eventually be left on the hard shoulder of the m1, you could always buy a car with 'soul' and 'passion'

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 07:16:13 pm »
HOLD THE PHONE !!!!!!

I KNOW you weren't talking about hand grenades with no pins in reference to mustangs when you knowingly and OPENLY drive an Alfa!!!!!  Fuckin he'll phillip, I know yours broke eventually and the garages let you down but you LOVED that baby blue v6 Stang !!!!

Ponti

• Trainee Ho
    • View Profile
    • http://uk.geocities.com/uk_pontiac_racing/
Mustang owners???
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 08:48:46 pm »
LOL you lot are mad.

She won't drive an auto, she doesn't like not being in control of the gears( well that's what she says)

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 09:33:57 pm »
well the saleen is a manual, it's been fine so far althoguh it wont take more than 400hp ish really, but seeing as the car stock is 265 it's fine....

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 05:30:16 pm »
might want to google Mustang V6 reliability.... these cars are VERY widely panned.

none of the issues I suffered were unusual, almost all will blow their head gaskets eventually, almost all suffer the auto box shudder, and bottom end failure isn't unusual at all.

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 05:39:12 pm »
my mint 50,000 mile car suffered....

blown head gasket
front crank shaft oil seal failure
auto box shudder
front ball joint noise
weeping rad (improperly made at factory, not corrosion)
transmission fluid leak
brake light failure
intermittent indicator stalk problems
coolant temp sender failure
EGR valve failure
02 sensor failure
drivers seat was starting to collapse

this was not good for a car I drove less than 25,000 miles in. my last real drive was at 40mph on the hard shoulder of the M6, because it wouldn't go any faster, and it still holds the record for most times on a flatbed (5 times)

in fact, it was on a flat bed more times than every other car i've ever owned combined.

if you must have one, get the V8, the V6 is terrible. the stock V8 is pretty damned lethargic though, but it does seem to basically hold together..

Interior quality is a little better than a 4th gen, but then what isn't? (except maybe a Le Barron)

late 90's early 00's were a real black hole for yanks, they just seemed to go to hell in a hand cart, only just getting back in stride recently.

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 05:46:42 pm »
even the newest ones rate below average for reliability..

http://autos.yahoo.com/2009_ford_mustang_v6_premium_convertible-ratings/

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Mustang owners???
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 05:56:18 pm »
Quoting: EDGE
well the saleen is a manual, it's been fine so far

thats because its not been driven....

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile