Author Topic: Physics Accelerators...  (Read 709 times)

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Physics Accelerators...
« on: March 12, 2007, 01:06:22 am »
Mainly for Losty this question I reckon...

Not that i'm planning on buying one, but do these things actually make any difference?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-023-BG&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=594

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Losty

• Trainee Ho
    • View Profile
Physics Accelerators...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 01:19:16 am »
atm not really, as there isnt a lot ( if any) games that support it to the max

but apparently games like ut2007 ( well, now called ut3) will take advantage of cards like this to make an even more realistic "world" physics, and more destructable buildings ( but each time you strike the building, different sized chunks will fall off, rather than the same generic size lump)

tbh, i think that games would look good with this to start with ( the same as you do with any new game, you crank up all the details) then once you have see it in action, you would turn it back off, because in the pure adrenalin filled deathmatches and stuff, your hardly likely to be able to admire the scenery being demolished!

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Physics Accelerators...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 01:45:15 am »
bloody PC is still crashing all the bloody time, I've played 2142 twice tonight for about 5 mins at a time...  i'm itching to order this new card...

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
Physics Accelerators...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 01:45:54 am »
the outside of my GFX card heatsink feels quite warm right after it crashed... is it supposed to?