Author Topic: On the Wagon . . . . .  (Read 2895 times)

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2007, 11:37:06 pm »
I think you mean chumps and chupets, not bitch...

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2007, 07:13:54 am »
Quoting: Roadkill
Still on the Wagon, although it's a bumpy ride.  

I can't honestly say I feel any different.

I have no extra "go" at the gym and feel no more alert.

Sleeping also hasn't been improved . . . in fact, that's probably worse.

I suppose I'm just designed to run on Alcohol ?

I think it's all to do with control, disipline and reaching a goal
I find it harder to actually not drink for six months of the year than not drinking at all
I'm in the middle aged elite group at the gym and it does make a difference, as for sleep, what's that ????
Some nights I sleep like a baby and other nights can't sleep at all, again I think it's an age think

Roadkill

On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2007, 10:40:27 am »

I dunno.

I love a good beer.  Problem is I love it too much.

I've tried going out and having "a couple" but find it near-impossible to limit myself once I've begun.

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2007, 10:42:13 am »
I've tried going out and having "a couple" but find it near-impossible to limit myself once I've begun.

Yup much the same as i used to be, some times you just have to make the decision to stop.

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2007, 12:08:59 pm »

Well if we make you the designated(sp) driver every time...problem sorted

Everybody is happy

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2007, 12:20:40 pm »
Quoting: Incursus
Well if we make you the designated(sp) driver every time...problem sorted

You think.... Remember Santa Pod?

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2007, 12:35:01 pm »
I love a good beer. Problem is I love it too much.  

In that case you have already found the problem, there is no halfway house if you have an alcohol problem.
I know this because Management's step father died after 4 1/2 years on the p!ss and her uncle David is half way there now.
If you find it difficult to control now stop whilst you still can

Roadkill

On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2007, 01:18:21 pm »
Control.  That's what I need.

I couldn't imagine never drinking again.

I'm hopping off the Wagon in February to Walk the Line between addiction and having fun.

I've always seen the line but spent too much blissfully not caring if I crossed it or not.

I've considered not drinking at all ever again but quickly dismissed that.

To be honest, I've never been too concerned of the long term effects of drinking, either.  Why ?  Everyone has something that's gonna kill them.  
Apart from my love of Alcohol I'm probably one of the most sensible people I know.  

Yeah, really.

It's easy for "certain people" to re-itterate comments made years ago (or more recently) when I've made mistakes (I've made alot) or maybe to keep stating the obvious - Do you think I don't know ?

Well done, pat yourself on the back.  Now look at yourself.  Do you think you're perfect ?  Think you're above critisism ?  

You're not.  I just haven't started on you yet.

On the other hand, I amaze myself.

At times of reflection when I look at myself and remember all the times I've resisted doing certain things, reacting to those comments those certain people have made . . . Maybe I'm not totally off the rails after all.
Yeah, I've done lots of silly things . . . All lessons in life and I've learned them well.

So onwards ever onwards . . . I've still got a week or so left sober.

It's given me time to think clearly and re-evaluate - but this Wagon's getting stuffy and at times it's difficult to breathe.
Come February I'm opening the door and getting out.

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2007, 01:25:22 pm »
Well only you can make that decision mate, me well im happy as i am. Dont really miss drinking that much. Have even cut back on the amount of cobra i was drinking as it was getting silly

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2007, 02:17:30 pm »

Control. That's what I need.

I couldn't imagine never drinking again.

I'm hopping off the Wagon in February to Walk the Line between addiction and having fun.

I've always seen the line but spent too much blissfully not caring if I crossed it or not.

I've considered not drinking at all ever again but quickly dismissed that.

To be honest, I've never been too concerned of the long term effects of drinking, either. Why ? Everyone has something that's gonna kill them.
Apart from my love of Alcohol I'm probably one of the most sensible people I know.

Yeah, really.

It's easy for "certain people" to re-itterate comments made years ago (or more recently) when I've made mistakes (I've made alot) or maybe to keep stating the obvious - Do you think I don't know ?

Well done, pat yourself on the back. Now look at yourself. Do you think you're perfect ? Think you're above critisism ?

You're not. I just haven't started on you yet.

On the other hand, I amaze myself.

At times of reflection when I look at myself and remember all the times I've resisted doing certain things, reacting to those comments those certain people have made . . . Maybe I'm not totally off the rails after all.
Yeah, I've done lots of silly things . . . All lessons in life and I've learned them well.

So onwards ever onwards . . . I've still got a week or so left sober.

It's given me time to think clearly and re-evaluate - but this Wagon's getting stuffy and at times it's difficult to breathe.
Come February I'm opening the door and getting out.

well said mate.

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
On the Wagon . . . . .
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2007, 07:46:41 pm »
To be honest, I've never been too concerned of the long term effects of drinking, either. Why ? Everyone has something that's gonna kill them.

When your young it don't seem that important, but as you get older not only do you want to live, but you want some sort of quality of life

If you acheive nothing else that's a result