Author Topic: Carrie Underwood - Albert Hall, London - Thursday 21st June  (Read 2506 times)

Andy

Carrie Underwood - Albert Hall, London - Thursday 21st June
« on: April 24, 2012, 11:19:06 am »

Carrie Underwood, 2005 winner of American Idol and all round beauty of the Country Music World (sorry Taylor) is playing her first UK show in London this summer.

Tickets go on sale this Friday starting at £45, the gig is on Thursday 21st June at the Royal Albert Hall.

Me and a couple of mates are down for going, anyone else interested?

Daily Wail Link

Gigs and Tours Ticket page

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:22:25 pm »
DAMMMMNNNN ITTTTTT.....

I have nearly every album, love the music, but have no holidays left as I had used my last to go to see the Wurzels lol....

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 12:44:54 pm »
saw her live at the opry, i was probbaly about 8 feet away as we managed to score front row seats!!

Andy

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:44:39 pm »
The Wurzels....

Pre-sale is tomorrow on Ticketmaster.

Fieldy - get a really bad cough Tuesday, Wednesday projectile vomit near or around the boss, Thursday Carrie! Job done!

Edge - we going to meet / kinda not meet up again?

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 03:33:02 pm »
hahhhah... thats 3 gigs we've both been at and TWICE we've managed not to meet!!

I'm going to see if I can get tickets for a box, you're further away but unless its ticketed seats it's worth the money.  I'm not getting there 3 hours before the doors open just to get to the front row like I did at The Band Perry gig... only to have some utterly obnoxious bitch queenc*nt from hell push in front of me.  I could have slapped her upside the mingee but didnt want to cause a scene....

Still, got a signed album cover and signed guitar pick that they tossed in to the crowd!

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 09:45:00 pm »
Gonna pass, can't afford it, but above everything else do wish to go to the Albert hall. Never mind....

Andy

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 07:02:19 am »
Got three tickets for this one, just grabbed the best available as I'm unlikely to be able to get online Friday. Ended up with some stools near the rear, but have been told they feel close?!

Best of luck tomorrow Edge, you'll need it by the sounds of it, demand is quite high. Wonder if they'll do a B.P at Sheperds Bush and add a date?

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 10:10:53 am »
I'm surprised demand is so high, no one I know has heard of her (minus on here obviously....)

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 11:22:57 am »
[Beavis impression] Huh huh underwood huh huh

Andy

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 08:29:21 am »
I think she has popularity due to her fitness... Bit like Taylor Swift.

Also it's a first time gig in the UK, that'll pull the crowd. I think when Brad did it two years ago, there was a bit of an under estimation of how much demand there would be, but the O2 last year was a bit of an over kill. Then there's Toby Keith, thee biggest country artist ever, and he couldn't even fill Wembley Arena. I wouldn't say the genre is huge here, just the attraction to the artist. Don't forget Carrie was also an American Idol winner so more people may know her for that rather than her actual abilities as a country singer.

Edge - did you get your tickets?

My diary this year is now:

Carrie Underwood
Lady Antebellum
Brad Paisley (when the dates get announced)

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 07:42:33 am »
i was SO F**KING angry though, I was smashing the refresh buton at 09:59 so that when their website hit 10:00 I would be first in, well, joint first with every ticket thouting arsehole!  So, at bang on 10 I got on, searched for a box, nothing, stalls, nothing, EVERYTHING had gone, not one free ticket in the whole place, I kept trying and other people must have been re-searching as tickets finally started to become available.

I found the sweetest tickets, at the back of the arena, where there are the stalls, second row back.  So, just elevated enough to clear all the heads but not far away, and not under the boxes where the sound is muffled.  I paid for them on the card and hit submit as quick as I could, you know how ticket master times each page, I had about 2 minutes left

AND THEN TEHIR SITE CRASHED ON ME

took me back to the previous page which had of course, TIMED OUT.  So I lost my super sweet tickets and screamed/shouted/swore/hit things like a child while I repeatedly searched for more tickets.  

I FINALLY, after about 50 tries managed to get 2 tickets in the arena, middle is about 3/4 of the way back.  We're not keen on being down there as the floor is flat and its hard to see anything.  But, what can ya do,

aside from incite a DOS attack on the hosted servers of ticket master

mwwwwaaaaAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, my set list looks about the same as yours, the band perry was an AWESOME gig, I reckon you'd have liked that too, there were only 200 tickets and it was at a student union bar!  Epic show put on by the cute girl ;)

You'l have to let me know about Paisely, so I can have yet another run in with f**king ticket-f**king-master

We saw Carrie Underwood at the Opry last June, we had standing tickets at the back of the circle, where you're technically standing in the best seating area in the place!!  The BEST thing about the opry though, is that at any point during the show, you can leave where you're seated/standing and go right to the stage and take a photo.  You have to keep very low as to not block anyones view and you cant stay there for ages obviously.  People wait until the change of artist (they usually do 3 or 4 songs each) to go to the front to take pics.  Everyone in that place is SO polite, if this was offered over here it would never work as 90% of people are utter crunts and so selfish it makes my teeth hurt.  Anyway, I told you that to tell you this....

When I went down to grab some pics, a real old style singer was twanging away so I waited until what was obviously going to be his last song before I started towards the stage.  There were a load of people there already, knelt down in front of the stage but they were mostly younger than me so I let them get on with it and shuffled to the back of that area, just infront of the front row of seats.  As Captain Civil War finished his set and let the stage there was a flood of people to the stage which engulfed the area like swamp moss.  However, being part ninja, out of the corner of my eye I spotted that the elderly couple in the front row next to me were fixing to leave.  They were here to see the old guy and seemed to have no Carrie interest, so, I stood up and cleared a tlittle space for them so they could walk out and they were so appreciative, they gave me their seats!  Front row centre for the main act of the evening!!!  there was a very pretty MILF there who had bought her daughter down to take pics so I offered her one of the seats ;)

"How very gentlemanly of you" she said in her finest southern texas drawl.............

humana humana humana......

anyway I digress...

so, in answer to your question,

yes, i got tickets

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 03:31:23 pm »
oh, btw... i knew id mentioned her on here before...

http://www.mkb.cc/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=8&topic=8457

Andy

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 03:37:24 pm »
Once again I'm denied access :(

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 04:18:34 pm »
are you under age?

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 09:13:30 pm »
Quoting: Andy

Once again I'm denied access :(

Should be OK now

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 08:46:15 am »
not long to go now Andy, fancy getting a coffee after on the way back to the station?  We should probably arrange a place to meet as the last 3 gigs we've been to we've been less than 6 feet away from each other but with out the other's mobile number!

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 08:46:45 am »
oh, there's no support act either, which is a shame, as I figured she'd have someone decent :(

Andy

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 07:26:49 am »
Hey dude, I'm heading up with two of my friends and we haven't decided yet how exactly we're getting there. I think tube is winning but the closest station is something high street, or similar. Can't remember. All I know is I got told there is a park or something to walk through to get there? Any better suggestions much appreciated!

Yeah, I'll pm you my number! Although I thought your method of shouting for me via FB was cute!

Andy

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 07:31:56 am »
Oh and Brad announced scandanavian tour dates last night... Expecting an English date around the same time!

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 08:04:56 am »
We normally go to South Kensington tube station, its about a 10 minute walk from there.  Plus there's a Starbucks opposite the station, always sways it for me :)

Andy

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 08:34:19 am »
That's the kiddy! Kensington! Right well I sort a route out that goes by that station. Not a clue what time we'll get there, I told the other two to get the afternoon off and do far one finishes at 3:30, the other 4. Guess we'll still be hitting rush hour on the tube :(

Did you get my pm? Drop us a text

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 05:20:59 am »
The new album, from the small preview I just heard on TV, sounds ******* awful mind...

Andy

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 07:19:41 am »
Pfft, as if I'm going to see her for her music...

*fap fap fap* etc...

/cunningplan