Author Topic: Did a tiny little bit on the truck today - but a bike was involved!!  (Read 485 times)

yorkshirespud

• View Profile
Only sort of, but there seems to be a bike story from everyone else, and I didn't want to be left out

The truck's dash has one spare (blank) gauge pod, which is perfect for the Air/Fuel ratio gauge that comes as part of the WideBandCommander kit I am fitting to help tune the new engine.

Also, I got hold of a spare full instrement bezel and all the gauges on ebay a while back, mainly because the ebay one has a rare-ish 130MPH speedo, which I want to replace my stock 85MPH one with.

Anyway, that was all fantastic in theory, but in practice, I got as far as removing the outer bezels with a screwdriver, and then realised I needed a 6 mill spanner to get the unit out. Which I didn't have with me. Never mind, next time!

Actually, I didn't mind, as I only went up to the lockup to parkup my bike there. It hassn't been getting used much in the last month, and I don't like it sitting outside on the estate doing nothing and not moving for too long. Especially as I live on the 5th floor of an ex-council block in South London. No, really!!

So I've parked her up with the Chevy factory manuals and knackered old engine block out of the truck

Tidy

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Did a tiny little bit on the truck today - but a bike was involved!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 06:24:17 pm »
Quoting: yorkshirespud
and I don't like it sitting outside on the estate doing nothing and not moving for too long.

If it isn't chained to anything I'm amazed that it was still there

Is that a garage or Shipping container

yorkshirespud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 06:53:40 pm »
Quoting: F Body
If it isn't chained to anything I'm amazed that it was still there

Is that a garage or Shipping container

It's a shipping container I rent from a mate of dodgy Dr Frank.

The bike's been on the estate road 5 floors down, round the corner for about 6 months on and off now. The thing about London, unlike other towns, you have to remember, is that no-one knows who any one else is, or what they do, or who they know etc. So everyone mostly seems to leave everybody's stuff alone, and as the estate road is not a through road, there isn't any public traffic either.

I must admit, my estate does look dodgy on Google Maps

But it's ok, honest

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 09:46:31 pm »
he he he , bike stories ftw......

that dr frank is bloody elusive, i cant even spot him on the google earth map...!!
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon: