Author Topic: RATM vs x-fuktor  (Read 5280 times)

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2009, 05:03:06 pm »
Quoting: Gator
it depresses and surprises me how apathetic people can be over so many subjects but boy have they got an opinion and a lot to say about anyone else sticking it to the man in a small way

why comment at all if your not interested

Weird, I had the exact same argument over on Volkszone (which is known for people arguing for no reason).

ANNNYYWAAYY..

We have number 1 AND number 3 spot on play.com's MP3 single download chart due to one being the album version and one radio edit, along with the number one album

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2009, 05:03:57 pm »
well said cp....

power to the people...

where the citizen smith smiley damnit....

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2009, 05:19:32 pm »
29p

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2009, 05:22:39 pm »
song sucks arse

Roadkill

RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2009, 05:24:34 pm »
Quoting: Cunning Plan
It has to be something everyone from the 'alternative-scene' knows.
The band has to have a 'core' following already.
They have to have been around a while.
They have to be fairly well known.

Off the top of my head I'd suggest Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the U.K. - Quite apt for the occasion, much more radio friendly and much more well known, here, in the . . err . . . U.K.

I'd almost gaurantee the Pistols would get to number one . . there's still plenty of old punk-codgers out there who'd buy it and plenty of young'uns who'd go for it, too.

That was just off the top of my head, though . . . I'm sure I could come up with better - but what do I know ?

Gator

• Filthy Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2009, 05:29:10 pm »
edited

cant be arsed

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2009, 05:33:43 pm »
yeah, the pistols would have been a good choice too, so would slades maerry Christmas... but the choice of song isnt the issue....

i rekon we all buy God save the Queen by the pistols to get it to number one for the queens birthday !!!

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2009, 05:34:19 pm »
Quoting: Incursus
song sucks arse

epic fail... but well done for buying it....

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2009, 05:48:58 pm »
Quoting: Roadkill
Off the top of my head I'd suggest Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the U.K. - Quite apt for the occasion, much more radio friendly and much more well known, here, in the . . err . . . U.K.

Quoting: EDGE
yeah, the pistols would have been a good choice too, so would slades maerry Christmas... but the choice of song isnt the issue....

Nice idea, but I don't think it is current enough, most of the people that listened and liked them apart from the 'ive just discovered these guys and I'm retro because no one else in my class listens to them' brigade, most of the people will be middle aged and not for one second saying that's a problem - but I can't imagine many of them choosing the use the internet let alone being involved in Facebook / forums etc.. I know of plenty of 'middle-aged' people using the internet though, but in proportion with the generation behind them - probably a much smaller percentage..

Rage is 'that' generation, who lets face it, brought the net to to net 2.0 standards that we all enjoy now

However, yes I still would have purchased the song to show my support for 'the cause', as it's not about the song.. Whether it would have been a better choice than RATM

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2009, 06:35:43 pm »
i personally like the song so i think its a good choice, plus its all about not subscribing to convention so it fits the bill nicely...

its also shocking if youve never heard it before so its win-win...

Roadkill

RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2009, 08:05:17 pm »
Meh.

Whatever.  I don't particularly care who the hell gets to number one at christmas.

Maybe my lack of interest has come across as being anti it . . which I'm not.  I just - honestly - have better things to do with my precious free time and more important things to concern myself about.

Good luck to "that" guy and RATM.  I couldn't care less, though.

And as far as Simon Cowell goes - I don't have a problem with him, either.  He's made an absolute fortune selling crap to idiots . . I only wish I was him making millions from - for want of a better word - sheep.

Hence I don't feel the need to stick it to "the man" - ie. Simon Cowell.

Just another sense of perspective on this debate . . .

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2009, 08:19:16 pm »
Good luck to "that" guy and RATM. I

Never even heard of RATM and my teenagers always have MTV or one of the music channels on

IMHO X Factor and the other shows are just like Blind Date, I'm A Celeb, etc , etc , started off OK but just get bled dry and die a long slow death

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2009, 11:42:10 pm »
You wouldn't have heard if them and regardless of if the girls have MTV on did they have it on in 1992 when this song was released?

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2009, 08:35:21 am »
pah i aint worried either way - don't watch X factor or anything like it, don't listen to the charts, don't worry about whats at no 1!!

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2009, 09:01:58 am »
Mmm Shakira

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2009, 09:09:42 am »
Mmmmm. Shakira indeed !!!!!

Kenny

• Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2009, 11:51:17 am »
Quoting: EDGE
The more people winge about it and say they dont care the more I want it to win.... if you dont care, thats fine... just dont care 'quietly'

For the record, I did buy the song before posting.  I am quite interested to see how this sociel experiment works out.

Baaahh...

Roadkill

RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2009, 01:47:16 pm »
I don't care if it's 99p or 9p I have a simple philosphy which dictates that I won't pay for something I don't want.

Plus I've probably actually already got it in the depths of my itunes somewhere . . .

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2009, 03:44:14 pm »
Quoting: Kenny
For the record, I did buy the song before posting. I am quite interested to see how this sociel experiment works out.

yeah, i'm VERY curious as to whether a facebook group can change something thats been practically set in stone for the last 4 years running....

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2009, 04:08:01 pm »
I don't care if it's 99p or 9p I have a simple philosphy which dictates that I won't pay for something I don't want.

try this then...

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2228594104&topic=14614#topic_top

its free, takes a minute to do and still contributes to the experiment...

To begin with, please don't make multiple accounts with this, there's no reason why all 850,000 can't create one account and the charts company cant hassle us about bulk buying!

If you don't have a Credit Card and want to support Rage for free, there's still a way and I have confirmed with the Charts Company that its eligible!*

1) Go to http://www.nokiamusic.co.uk/ Download and install the player on the main page insuring you select UK when it gives you the setup options!

2) Open the program and click "Join Now", Click "Join Nokia Music", fill out the details to create the account (No credit card details are needed)

4) Go to the main Store page and to the left you will see a box that says "Redeem Pin" Click on "Continue"

5) Enter ONE random of these codes, doesn't matter which one! Each one will give you £4 free credit and that's all you need to buy all 5 versions of the song, you can get up to £16 worth if you use all the codes, but please don't as Nokia may pull it if its abused!

WQLN-WDTM-V4J4-6GZZ
MJYM-JM2R-DWVQ-6PYG
GGP6-XC53-YYFL-PHM6
VLBV-MPBX-XDNQ-F79V

6) Search for: Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the name of

7) Click the Orange down arrow next to each of the songs, then click the blue tick.

Congratulations you have just contributed [=

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2009, 10:49:34 pm »
love seeing cowell.... whinging over this.....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Gator

• Filthy Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2009, 11:56:16 am »
whether rage gets to no1 now is irrelevant the point is xfactor and its unprecedented carpet bombing of the media has been given a run for its money by one music fan on a social networking site with no pre advertising at all, its giving the finger to the dumbing down of the last few years

i guess we will know soon enough

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2009, 12:31:42 pm »
Yep, the whole 'scene' giving the finger to the music industry's war on sharing too if you analysis it that much...

COME ON RAGE!!!

Gator

• Filthy Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2009, 12:36:32 pm »
29p on amazon and you get a 29p promotion which makes it free

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
RATM vs x-fuktor
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2009, 02:40:45 pm »
Quoting: Gator