Author Topic: Ebuyer - shocking service!  (Read 1426 times)

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bigmouseracing.co.uk
Ebuyer - shocking service!
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:38:34 pm »
I was recommended to use ebuyer by at least 3 people so I was expecting good things from them. Hopefully I was the exception to the norm as the standard of service since I ordered rrom them is nothing short of shocking.

I ordered the NAS unit on Friday; would I like a saturday delivery at a small increase? yes please I say. It will be with you before 6pm on saturday.

Email confirmation that the payment has been received; another that  the order has been processed and a final one to say it has been dispatched to Parcel Force.

Saturday comes and goes. No delivery. So I check their Track Order facility. Hmmm, it shows Order being Picked.

Sunday comes and goes. No delivery.

The parcel force number shows as not valid on the PF website.

This morning I called Ebuyer and asked them to look into it. Its being dispatched from a secondary warehouse - ie we're having to buy one in - and will be dispatched today/tomorrow they say. Hold on, I paid for saturday delivery; ok she says, we can schedule delivery for satirday of you don't mind waiting!!!

I explain again that it should have been delivered this saturday. But we didn't get hold of one until today. Thats not my problem, you accepted the order and took the money. At the very least I want a refund of the saturday delivery I say. That might be a problem she says as we couldn't have delivered it until we got it in stock. But you stock shows you have over a 100; yes she says but we don't physically hold them. I asked her is she understood what 'stock' meant.

Ok, I want delivery in the morning, I have meetings all day and can't stay in. It will come via DPD she says and gives me a consignnent number, its been dispatched already.

4 hours later I've had a reply back from DPD to say no it hasn't, they haven't even had an order to collect it.

I call Ebuyer back; why did you lie to me? It hasn't been dispatched at all. He put the phone down.

I call back and get assured that she will call me back straight away to let me know whats going on. Their website still says it being picked.

2 Hours later I call them; whats going on? am I getting it delivered tomorrow morning?. Don't know, we'll call you straight back. I'll jold I say, no need I'll call you within 5 minutes.

A hour later I get another dispatch note confirming it has been picked up by DPD. I call them, they say the consignment number won't show until morning but he can call the driver. 3 minutes later he confirms the driver has collected from them but definitely nothing for my postcode.

So I call back again - their phones must only take incoming calls - and say I want to cancel the order. Its been dispatched they say. Bollocks I reply, no it hasn't and I'm fed up chasing it.

Then they told me how I might have to wait for upto a fortnight for the money back as they have to wait for the unit to come back to them and be checked over.  But its not left you I say so how can it be damaged?? we don't know until we've checked it - and by the way, we won't refund delivery charges because we have to pay to get it back!!!!!

I then went onto amazon - £21 cheaper and free delivery to the office tomorrow.

I shall **** them from a very great height if they don't refund that money within the next 4 days.

Andy

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:46:54 pm »
What time during the day did you order it on Friday?

I had a similar issue with my last battery, they promised next day delivery that would be a working day, but I was no more than 10 mins past midday and missed it.

I don't think the extra charge for Saturday delivery will guarantee it being there, it's more the cost of it being delivered on a Saturday where courier charges are more than during the week.

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 07:51:21 pm »
I have to admit, I have used eBuyer a few times in the past, quite a while ago and it was all okay. However, I have never liked their new website they have been running for the last few years, it just seemed easier to find things on eBay and Amazon.

With that kind of hassle and poor service, I think I'll stay with Amazon and eBay.
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:54:07 pm »
Quoting: Andy
What time during the day did you order it on Friday?

Just after 1pm, had the message come up 'order within xx minutes and get saturday/next day delivery' so they should stick to it.

I know it doesn't guarantee delivery, its more the fact they lied about it on so many levels. They didn't have the stock in when they said they did, they knew they wouldn't make the delivery slot, they knew they hadn't dispatched it when they told me they had, they knew the courier hadn't collected when they told me they had etc etc.

I would have been quite happy if they said they couldn't deliver saturday and could have made arrangements for someone to be here today but they clearly didn't even dispatch it until after I called today and probably wouldn't have if I hadn't called. Their tracking system still shows the order is being processed even now.

Roadkill

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 10:03:10 pm »
I had a issue with Amazon sending the completely wrong part to me then not even offering to sort it out !

It's luck of the draw - they're all as bad as each other ....

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 10:54:06 pm »
last time I used ebuyer was about 10 years ago, ever since then anything they sell which  have wanted I've bought from www.overclockers.co.uk
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 01:25:45 am »
Wow that really is crap service sorry to hear that hope it comes from amazon ok

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 01:07:35 pm »
Quoting: Cunning Plan
I have to admit, I have used eBuyer a few times in the past, quite a while ago and it was all okay. However, I have never liked their new website they have been running for the last few years, it just seemed easier to find things on eBay and Amazon.

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 02:32:43 pm »
Amazon delivered this morning at 9.08am, a little over 18 hours after I ordered it

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 04:36:30 pm »
We have been using Amazon Prime a fair bit recently
You have to pay £79 up front (includes free movies) for a year and have to order before certain times, ranges from 2pm to 7pm for next day delivery.
But then delivery it's free and works, the same Guy rocks in the same blacked out VW Transporter before 07:30am next day

We have had 11 parcels delivered next day without any issues so far, so we will be quids in in another 11 months !

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 04:48:24 pm »
We got it on Prime, Denise had a special offer which cost her £49 for the year and we got her money back on the first 5 orders! never used the films though but if I can record them onto the NAS drive I certainly will!

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 11:21:58 am »
Glad that turned up ok

Rob

• Filthy Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 11:56:56 am »
Had a similar thing with Pixmania some time ago over a freezer.  Pay your money and then get an email saying there's going to be a delay with your order as they tell you there are none in the country.    

Must say I've never had many dealings with ebuyer but when I have they've not been too bad. Just lucky I guess.

Roadkill

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 02:12:35 pm »
Quoting: Rob
Pixmania

STAY AWAY !

They sent me the wrong item with a EU plug . . . then - while they did everything possible to dodge responsibility - I had to post it (at my expense) recorded to their depot in France ! . . Then wait a month for a refund !!

Never again !

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 05:55:08 pm »
Got an email from their customer service dept today. Horrified at the standard of service I've had, promised a refund immediately and asked me to give them another chance in the future.  At least they got the apology right albeit too late to keep the business.