Author Topic: Project:- Baby Caddy!  (Read 851 times)

Baby_Caddy

• View Profile
    • http://www.spookhunters.co.uk
Project:- Baby Caddy!
« on: May 23, 2006, 08:26:22 am »
More details to follow!  I need to have a proper look at her today when she's returned to me and figure out what the damage is and what needs doing to get her back upto speed.

She's not been driven or moved in a good few years...  3/4 years I think as I was busy with family and work.  But now I finally have time my hope is to get her restored and looking perfect by the end of the Summer!  (Well, I can dream right?!)

Anyway, just waiting for the bloody MKC to return her to me "sometime" today and then will check her over and make a plan on what she needs doing!  

Can't wait!  I know for definate the brakes need doing, engine needs a little bit of work, lights need to be switched around to make them suitable for UK usage, interior needs ripping out and starting again and paint needs doing... Other then that I hate to think how much more needs doing to her!  

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 08:35:46 am »
Well if you need help just ask, we all have projects we are working on but are always free to offer up advice and suppliers

Roadkill

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 09:08:48 am »
Quoting: Baby_Caddy
lights need to be switched around to make them suitable for UK usage

No, they don't. Pre '63 cars are not applicable for that law.

Before you go to get it M.o.T'ed, speak to me . . . I may be able to help you out.

engine needs a little bit of work

What kinda work ?

I'm guessing that's got the 390cid block in it ?

Baby_Caddy

• View Profile
    • http://www.spookhunters.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 10:42:45 am »
Don't they?!  Woohoo!  So it doesn't need things like brake lights and indicators changed (cos they're a different colour to UK)?

If you can help me out with an MOT that'd be fabby.

I'm not sure what kind of work it needs yet I've yet to look at it - it's just this minute been returned but we're just having a look now. Only came in to find my jump leads but got distracted by the 'net!!!  

Roadkill

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 10:59:55 am »
Don't they?!

As far as I know - And I've had several pre '63 cars . . . .

I'm guessing yours (like mine) has a (red) indicator/tail light/brake set-up.

White front indicators are also fine - so don't worry about painting your lenses or getting yellow bulbs.

You don't need fog lights added either.

And Reverse lights aren't required - although i'm 99% sure yours has these anyway.

If you can help me out with an MOT that'd be fabby.

I'll certainly help.  My Caddy was *ahem* not quite ready for her M.o.T (so I thought *wink*) . . . . but she passed O.K in the end.

Keep us posted !

We're happy and willing to help where and when required.

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 11:01:43 am »
Quoting: Roadkill
As far as I know - And I've had several pre '63 cars . . . .

I'm guessing yours (like mine) has a (red) indicator/tail light/brake set-up.

Thats correct some early british cars including morris minors had turn signals using the red stop/tail light