Author Topic: Another Mondeo question - URGENT  (Read 1798 times)

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Another Mondeo question - URGENT
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:52:40 pm »
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me between now and the morning regarding two Mondeos and confirmation they are the same? I need the green one as a donor car.

Mine is a 2.0 Zetec-S.... Would the 'S' make a difference over this one for sale except the body kit?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201206448294695/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/500/page/1/radius/20/postcode/bs354qb/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Andy

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:25:23 pm »
There should be no difference bar the body kit and maybe some trim on the inside. But apart from that, the same car.

Check out the wiki, gives a good clue from trim to trim changes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mondeo#Mk2_.281996-2000.29

What are you after?

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:52:28 pm »
The clutch, rear pads (Looks like drums in the A.Trader ad), boot struts then the everything else for the future.... Think it'll work?

Andy

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 11:17:34 pm »
Be careful about the drums situation. Some late model cars came with disc, other didn't, all depends on when it was built and what parts they had about.

Are you doing the clutch yourself? If so, theres a good tip about reversing one of the subframe bolts, saves some effort on putting it back together.

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 11:28:16 pm »
I won't be doing the clutch, wil be getting a mechanic to do it, or just use the green car and keep my old one as a spare....

Both are 2000 models..... However, the one for sale is a 'W' and mine is an 'X'...

Andy

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 10:39:49 am »
Should be very little difference. I believe the W was the start of 2000, X was the end, then the Mk3 came out on a Y at the start of 2001 with the 50 plates taking over.

Very few Mk2 were released on a Y so W and X regs were the last year of production. My old blue one was a big standar LX and it had ABS and rear discs, some thing that was pretty rare. It didn't have TC because there was no ECU, but had near enough every other option on it.