Author Topic: Not so Pristine wheels !  (Read 975 times)

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Not so Pristine wheels !
« on: July 04, 2006, 11:48:36 am »
Went to pick up the Camaro wheels from Pristine wheels in Woban Sands and was not a happy bunny

They had fitted the new tyres and balanced them as requested , but one of the wheels has pock marks in the paint around the outside rim.

Excuse No1 - Well it's difficult to remove all the corrosion from the old wheel - There wasn't any

Excuse No.2 - It may have reacted with the old paint - What after you have chemically stripped it  

Excuse No.3 - We'll note it on the bill of sale and if they corrode within the warranty period we will re do it

Sorry Chaps - Not good enough , when I dropped them off a clearly stated not to rush them , take your time because they have to be perfect

So after much duck shoving I came away with three wheels , one of which isn't perfect but it will just about do

They removed the tyre from the wheel and were going to send it back for re-stripping and painting again and after telling me that they had to do all four together to get a match , told me that the single wheel will be OK because it's GM spangle silver ??

Really disappointed because Rafe's wheels are superb and they did a brilliant job with the GMC wheel.

Roadkill

Not so Pristine wheels !
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 11:54:56 am »
As with alot of companies, Mate, It's Hit 'n' Miss.

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Not so Pristine wheels !
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 12:19:04 pm »
thats sucks as they did a great job on my saab wheel, although i did have them blasted before they went over

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Not so Pristine wheels !
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:20:33 pm »
Hmm shame to hear they not soo good this time as remember they did a pucker job on the GMC wheel....

philoldsmobile

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Not so Pristine wheels !
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 05:07:36 pm »
unusual, they are normaly superb....

guess any buissiness can have a bad day....

HardRockCamaro

• Low Down Dirty ho
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lightsourcemedia.co.uk
Not so Pristine wheels !
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 07:52:04 pm »
I had mine done by Rochford wheels and tyres.
The rears were so-so (becuase they didn't diamond cut the centre) and when I went back to the same place to do the rears they sent them away somewhere and they did diamond cut the centre.  (so now they don't match ta...)

When I got the first set back they said they couldn't diamond cut the centres without getting a stepped effect.  When I went back with the second set they said the real reason was because they couldn't be bothered...  

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Not so Pristine wheels !
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 11:58:31 am »
Picked up the last wheel last night whilst driving through the storm in the Panda
Paint match is great , you can't tell the difference with the plastic centre caps . The inside of the wheels I've had done in graphite grey and is a big improvement on the hand brushed painting I did last year. ( won't show the brake dust either )
Just disappointed with the overall paint finish , if they had been corroded & pitted to hell to start with I'd have thought they were brilliant , but the original GM paint finish was better.
It isn't terrible , just minor blemishes and marks , most people will think they look great.
In summary good job but could do better !

Giblets

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
Not so Pristine wheels !
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 12:25:03 pm »
I guess your standards are probably higher than mine to be fair mate.

Mine were not nearly as good as yours to begin with, and as a result looked bloody brilliant when done.

Sorry it didn't work out for you though. Probably not many alternatives locally though.

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Not so Pristine wheels !
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 03:25:53 pm »
Quoting: Giblets
I guess your standards are probably higher than mine to be fair mate.

Dam you've noticed

Well I looked really closely at your wheels and they looked 99% to me , as you say it's different when there you own.