Author Topic: Bypass / Dump valve, Race application  (Read 503 times)

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Bypass / Dump valve, Race application
« on: February 18, 2007, 01:43:59 pm »
Right,

I ordered this from the states last week and it arrived yesterday.  Its a vortech bypass valve designed for supercharged applications, but will work equally as well on a turbo'd car.  It is a recirculating design so it'll work on a MAF equiped car.  Or you could leave the spout venting to atmosphere for other applications.

I bought it for my Mustang but due to the piping locations there is just no room to fit it.  It's not a direct replacement for a bailey type valve so it comes with a flange that you weld on to the appropriate pipe.  I guess you'd need to fill the original hole with a plug, demon tweaks sell them.

Ok, so here are some pics, the last one is of the vortech unit next to a regular bosch recirculating unit, like on the audi/vw turbos.

it is farly large.....

It flows over 600CFM at 10psi so it will have absolutely no trouble on most cars.  These are used for 30+psi supercharged applications which flow over 2000CFM so strapping it to a high boost Cosworth or Lightning wont casue it any issue at all.  This thing really is, the best you can get.

I'm looking for around £300 delivered, that's with 2 flanges, a gasket and a fitting kit.

This would really suit a very high boost motor or race application where you really dont want to stall the turbo or increase load on the blower, but would obviously work equally well on a road car.

Thanks

EDGE