Author Topic: Anyone a washine machine engineer?  (Read 1027 times)

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mfatw.com/WD
Anyone a washine machine engineer?
« on: December 04, 2006, 07:05:26 pm »
Our beloved(!) son has stuck one of his toys into the drawer and it has fallen through and into the pipes going into the depths.  It hasn't reached the filter at the other end, and I can't see how to get to the pipe with dismantling virtually everything else.  

Engineers call out will be £90+, so I'm hoping to find someone that has some know how.

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 07:06:47 pm »
Oh, and to top it all off, now I've pulled the machine out of it's hole under the worktop, I can't get it back in again

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 07:19:09 pm »
Quoting: Jamieg285
Oh, and to top it all off, now I've pulled the machine out of it's hole under the worktop, I can't get it back in again

Well why not remove the outercase, its only gonna be a few screws and you might be able to see the pipe your after

EDGE

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 08:08:11 pm »
can you remove the drawer ?

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 08:25:20 pm »
the top of the machine should come off very easily (normally 4 screws) then you should be able to see the feed pipes for the drawer unit - see if you can get to them to check, if not - take the back off the machine - just make sure ya turn the water off/disconnect the machine first tho bud!

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 08:30:27 pm »
Quoting: ianjpage
disconnect the machine first tho bud!

Nah working live is much more fun

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 08:53:30 pm »
Quoting: 55starchief
Well why not remove the outercase, its only gonna be a few screws and you might be able to see the pipe your after

If it was that easy, I wouldn't be here  

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 08:53:37 pm »
Quoting: EDGE
can you remove the drawer ?

Yeah, we've done that in the past to get some of the larger toys out. This one was smaller and fell beyond reach.

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 08:56:49 pm »
Quoting: ianjpage
the top of the machine should come off very easily (normally 4 screws) then you should be able to see the feed pipes for the drawer unit - see if you can get to them to check, if not - take the back off the machine - just make sure ya turn the water off/disconnect the machine first tho bud!

Yep, top was easy and I can see the pipe, but just cannot get to it.  It runs down the front corner, underneath the drawer unit (has about 4 hoses attached going in different directions) Taking the back off wouldn't help much as you can't get to the pipe without removing other stuff.

What I need is someone who can look and say 'yeah, just take that bit out' and it's done in 5 minutes without 90% of the internals being removed.

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 09:22:39 pm »
Ahh right gotcha....

maybe a daft idea(!!) but have you tried searching the internet for the engineer/technical manual of the wash machine and see if that helps??

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 08:00:53 am »
What I need is someone who can look and say 'yeah, just take that bit out' and it's done in 5 minutes without 90% of the internals being removed.

I have to dismantle our washing m/c on a regular basis

A lot of the stuff is better reached from the bottom by tipping the m/c backwards

Let me know if you want me to pop round tonight ?

Big Mouse

• Pro Ho
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bigmouseracing.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 11:18:20 am »
Most machines will allow you to remove the side and front panels so it's all a lot easier to get at or, as Fbody says, go in from the bottom (ooh err)

Knowing what type of machine it is would help? and if you live in an area where appliance repairmen can get away with charging £90 for a call out then you must be rolling in money anyway its about £30-40 around MK

Getting it back in is a POP; put a bit of washing up liquid on the floor in line with the legs and just slide that sucker straight in remembering to arrange the hoses so they don't snag/twist etc

Roadkill

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 10:04:34 am »
Any joy ?

I've stripped a couple down before.

If you've got a blockage, take it outside, turn it upside down and t's sometimes possible to access the main waste pipe(s) from removing a coverplate on the underside.

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 10:28:04 am »
Martyn sorted it  

By pulling the bottom off we could see where the pipe actually went.  Then with me pulling the drum as far over as possible, he stuck his hand down the side and managed to massage the toy back up the pipe to the top to pull it out.  

Don't ask where he learnt such skills.

Drawer has now been firmly secured with tape, and Alex gets yelled at if he goes within 6 feet of the machine

Roadkill

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 10:29:22 am »
Drawer has now been firmly secured with tape, and Alex gets yelled at if he goes within 6 feet of the machine

That's the way to do it.

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 10:43:26 am »
Quoting: Roadkill

That's the way to do it.

Nah i'm sure there a way to wire the mains up to the casing

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 11:21:35 am »
lol well done both of ya