Oh, The Irony...

Started by Flip Martian, January 31, 2009, 08:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flip Martian

Took my Honda into Fast Fit Wolverton today (always had a good service off them). Bearing in mind my attitude to Daewoos being rebadged as Chevrolets...just GUESS what courtesy car they gave me...

Yes indeed - a basic model Matiz. Metallic green.

What was missing was the bag to wear on my head on the journey back...

I suppose as town cars go it does the job - does feel like a dodgem car to drive though.

philoldsmobile

yup, nasty in every sense of the word..

Flip Martian

Steering nice and light for parking - that's all I could really say. On the good side, the Honda came back feeling like a (fairly) new car again.

They did warn me the shocks are "starting to leak a little and will need doing at some point but not urgently" - and gave me a quote for them of £570 for both pairs. I'll shop around a bit but as my OH said - almost worth going out and just buying another old banger...

Roadkill

Key words - "Not urgently"

Flip Martian

Quite so! Hanslope to Wolverton station 5 days a week and occasional weekend use is hardly going to tax the car too greatly so hopefully the car will hold out for a while!

Roadkill

Team MKB are always on hand if stuff needs breaking doing.

Either way it's fairly simple.

F Body

Quoting: Flip Martian
gave me a quote for them of £570 for both pairs.

Indeedy

One thing the Jap's do well is charge for spares

Flip Martian

Quoting: Roadkill
Team MKB are always on hand if stuff needs breaking doing.

Either way it's fairly simple.

That's always good to know, cheers! (I think...!

Quoting: F Body

True. But in between services its run without a problem - sat out in the cold for a week or more, still starts up first time. Its 10 years old now and done 110k nearly so I suppose I need to be aware wear and tear things are going to start to cost..

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Flip Martian
Quite so! Hanslope to Wolverton station 5 days a week and occasional weekend use is hardly going to tax the car too greatly so hopefully the car will hold out for a while!

get a chinese beyatch!

i do 250 - 300 miles a week on mine, it never complains, always starts first time, and does it on less than £9 of fuel!

129mpg on the last tank!!!!! cant complain for £650 brand new on the road!

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: F Body

Tell me about it...

Paid £80 total for front and rear struts/shocks for the Orion.

A further £60 to fit iirc.

£140 all in.

The price difference is enough to buy another flippin Orion!

I don't understand why Jap car parts or so expensive, they're nothing special.

Flip Martian

Quoting: philoldsmobile

get a chinese beyatch!

i do 250 - 300 miles a week on mine, it never complains, always starts first time, and does it on less than £9 of fuel!

129mpg on the last tank!!!!! cant complain for £650 brand new on the road!

That's incredibly cheap...! The Honda is the main workhorse for carting shopping and stuff round though so I'd need to replace it with 4 wheels when the time comes...