Movie Recommendations ?

Started by Roadkill, November 17, 2009, 03:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

I'm giving myself (almost) a whole night off tonight so am hitting the cinema . . . .

Any recommendations ?

Is that new Michael Caine film any good . . . what about that 2012 one ?

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
Is that new Michael Caine film any good

Yes. British Gran Torino.

what about that 2012

Not seen it yet.  Probably just a big special effects film.

Probably go and see Men That Stare At Goats Tonight @ 20:30.
2012 will still be uber busy.

If movie times match up fancy grabbing a pint at the Spoon?

Fieldy

I have heard a few people saying the 2012 one is good, but I think the trailers make it look special effects good, story rubbish.... BUT, i am a skeptic on the whole Nostradamus 'the sun will line up with the galaxy on dec 21st, BOOM' thing  so I will give it a miss as I can't buy into the story.

The Caine one 'Harry Brown' sounds ok, think I'll wait for it to come to movie channel mind

Apart from that, I think the rest look shit too TBH

Roadkill

Quoting: Fieldy
i am a skeptic on the whole Nostradamus

2012 is based on Mayan predictions.

Quoting: Incursus

Ahh, guessed as much, I was hoping we could do better than that . . .

Apart from that, I think the rest look shit too TBH

That's exactly what I thought hence the question . . .

Incursus

Ahh, I was hoping we could do better than that . .

Well its grittier(sp)

Wouldn't say better (my opinion only)

ianjpage

A night off....you feeling ok lol

Fieldy

2012 is based on Mayan predictions.

Both predict 2012, but I was under the impression this film is about the Aquarius astrology star lines up with his bow and arrow.... or something like that!

Either way, I will see you all here in 2013

Roadkill

Both predict 2012

Oh, right.

I remember reading about the Mayans and seeing a date 5th May 2012 but that was probably about 15 years ago !

Fieldy

Both predict 2012

Oh, right.  

I remember reading about the Mayans and seeing a date 5th May 2012 but that was probably about 15 years ago !

I don't know about Mayans, I only know about Nostradamus, But he claims Dec 21st, 2012..... I just presumed that was what the film was about, but now I believe you are right about Mayans....

Either way, I will be doing my xmas shopping that year on the 22nd Dec, I don't wan't to waste the day dying doing something pointless

Andy

Have you seen Up! yet? If it's still on it's very much worth seeing.

Fieldy

Quoting: Andy
Have you seen Up! yet? If it's still on it's very much worth seeing.

When I was looking this morning I saw this is still on at the o2 Vue, Thought about the post you put up

Titsy

what about that 2012 one

A guy I work with walked out of that...

Is that new Michael Caine film any good

Harry Brown, Very good film!

Roadkill

Quoting: Andy
Have you seen Up! yet?

No.  I'll check to see if it's still on . . . . scratch that.  I can't - that website's blocked.

Either way, I will be doing my xmas shopping that year on the 22nd Dec, I don't wan't to waste the day dying doing something pointless

I do my Christmas shopping on the 24th December so it shouldn't effect me either way.

FUBAR

a m8 described it as a Cross between "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Waterworld"
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Amey

Up! is only on at 4pm and the 3d version is on at 17:50

Harry Brown is on at 19:10 and 21:40

A Christmas Carol 3d is on at 17:40 19:00 and 20:10

Wouldn't mind seeing A Chistmas Carol - Ian we planning on going out as well? (If Dean & Sammy don't mind us tagging along )

Roadkill

I point blank refuse to watch (another version of) "A Christmas Carol".

Looks like it's Harry Brown or 2012 . . . . .

Amey

2012 is on at 19:20 20:00 and 21:00

ianjpage

Quoting: Amey
Ian we planning on going out as well? (If Dean & Sammy don't mind us tagging along )

pass i'll leave it up to you to speak to sammy and work it out -just text me to let me know

Incursus

Quoting: Amey
Looks like it's Harry Brown or 2012 . . .

Abu said 2012 was ok but long...

Big Mouse

Went to see Men who stare at goats with the wife last week. (she's a clooney fan)

Spend two hours counting the tufts in your carpet or the number of bricks in your neighbours gable end; or perhaps just sit quietly and try to remember every time you've ever blinked - I promise you it will be much more entertaining than wasting £15 on sitting in front of a giant screen watching this crap.

I bet it won't be appearing on his cv anytime soon.

FUBAR

Abu said 2012 was ok but long

about a year long i'd expect... is it a leap year?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Incursus

Quoting: Big Mouse
Went to see Men who stare at goats with the wife last week. (she's a clooney fan)

Spend two hours counting the tufts in your carpet or the number of bricks in your neighbours gable end; or perhaps just sit quietly and try to remember every time you've ever blinked - I promise you it will be much more entertaining than wasting £15 on sitting in front of a giant screen watching this crap.

It was different, not the worst film I've seen this Month (Jeniffers Body) but still pretty dull.

Still It least I didn't pay.    £15?
I pay £13 a month and watch as many films as I want....wish they did a similar deal with the Nacho's

ianjpage

Quoting: Big Mouse

ahh good job we didn't go see that then!

Went to see harry brown last night - very good, gritty film

Roadkill