2 minutes silence...

Started by Incursus, November 11, 2011, 06:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incursus

...broken by the fire engine turning up as the building manager decided to use the fire alarms to anounce the start and finish of the silence

Andy

My machine at work was running a hard roughing cycle all the way through, bloody 316 knackering out my tips!

FUBAR

I sat here with my eyes closed... nearly fell asleep!

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

We had the 2 minutes silence a couple of minutes late

Somebody needs a new watch

Cunning Plan

Quoting: F Body
We had the 2 minutes silence a couple of minutes late  

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Fieldy

couple years back at Heathrow, they gave us a 5 minutes until silence alarm, all the shops weren't aware so the airport grounded to a halt, only to realise the error a couple mins later, and have to re-do it at the right time...

I was in bed at 11, so no work to distract me today!

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Andy

My machine at work was running a hard roughing cycle all the way through, bloody 316 knackering out my tips!

Been there, done that..... quite a material to deal with. now, a nice bit of EN1A mild steel, just lovely.

Andy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
a nice bit of EN1A mild steel, just lovely

Easy to machine yes, but just this week I had a 3" long x .314" diameter to turn with a .0005" tolerance along it, on top of which had a 8μm finish. With no tailstock this ended up with me leaving it just big and fettling it down on my handy little de-pipping machine with some fine emery and cloth.

philoldsmobile

I used to machine caliper and master cylinder pistons, +0 - 0.02mm tolerance. not too bad with a decent manual lathe. Its a shame engineering services went under, for an old style machine shop they had some lovely machines.

who on earth was the job for with measurements in imperial?

Andy

who on earth was the job for with measurements in imperial?

The family firm has been in business for years, these are jobs we've been turning out from the year dot and as such we have original drawings etc.

All our machines except the two new Haas' are set up in imperial. In my opinion it makes far more sense than metric. Besides, my best mic is imperial!

philoldsmobile

All our machines except the two new Haas' are set up in imperial. In my opinion it makes far more sense than metric.

wow. I'm genuinely shocked.

Andy

wow. I'm genuinely shocked.

Well now you know how i felt about your suggestion of a Alpha as a reliable car.

Amey

Well now you know how i felt about your suggestion of a Alpha as a reliable car.

VIPER

Shelby's remembrance day assembly 11 on the dot...

She did it for her great grandad who is now 91 and her grandad (my Dad 59) they have been remembering our forces all week in school past and present

11th hour 11th day 11th month in 2011