Author Topic: Shock Absorber bushing problem  (Read 823 times)

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mfatw.com/WD
Shock Absorber bushing problem
« on: January 05, 2012, 01:53:57 pm »
I've noticed that the rubber bushing at the base of the front shock absorbers has come loose and fallen out of place, leaving the shock 'floating' on the bottom pin. The rubber bushing is highlighted in blue. For anyone that isn't aware of how this should be, the bushing should fit snuggly within the round loop at the bottom of the shock, with the mounting pin through the center.

I've tried pushing it back in, which it manages quite easily, but it's not long before it falls out again and I can feel the shock rattling.

On the assumption that this isn't something that I can easily buy and off the shelf replacement, I'm looking for suggestions on how to hold the bushing in place, so that I don't have to but a complete new shock.

All suggestions welcome...

Andy

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:18:43 pm »
Maybe a completely insane idea, but with the bushing out of the way, drill and tap an M4 hole at 90 degrees to the main direction of travel, insert bush and screw in a 10mm bolt or similar to keep it in place.

That all requires the end loop not to be harder than Ross Kemp running away after seeing 'it was all about to kick off'.

Failing that I would've thought that requires a new shock tbh. You sure that any other will fit in there?

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:24:37 am »
you may be able to bond the bush back in ,is it still filling the shock mount..?

or mabe get a replacement poly one,

i suppose the bush is worn and needs replacing...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon: