Odd question but has anyone got a old Hi8 and/or VHS-C camcorder ?

Started by Roadkill, June 04, 2012, 06:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

I've had a couple of mystery tapes in my possession for well over ten years and I just want to see (if anything) is on them.

It's been bugging me for bloody ages !

ianjpage

have you looked on ebay for a convertor to a standard VHS cassette tape as i know we've got an old vhs player somewhere...obviously means buying / borrow an adapter but might be easier to locate ?

Roadkill

Yeah - they're around £15 for the VHS-C ones and don't have Hi8 ones !

Don't wanna pay that kinda money when they may be blank !

Titsy

might it be the holiday tape from when you, Sarah and Chris went away? If so then it's comedy gold!

Roadkill

Quoting: Titsy
might it be the holiday tape from when you, Sarah and Chris went away? If so then it's comedy gold!

Actually now highly likely . . .

I checked the VHS-C tape yesterday round my parents and that was about 20 minutes of a holiday myself, Sarah, Chris and Fatima went on in (i'd guess) 2001* . . . (but not that holiday).  It also contained 10 minutes of me and Sarah taking Spike for a walk, too.

The other tape, a Hi8 tape is now highly likely to be that holiday as neither of my Dad's Camcorders were Hi8 and, from memory, we borrowed Paul's for that which his was.

*Chris - It was the holiday where the Hedgehog kept coming into the tent at night to steal scraps.

Roadkill

Discovered another tape today !   My Dad found it in with his stuff .... says it's myself, Sarah and Chris on holiday ?  

Must get it copied over and have a proper look.

Still not found out what's on the Hi8 tape ......

Big Mouse

I've got an old sony camcorder, I'll check to see what sort of tapes that uses.

Mate of mine sent his away, about 8 tapes, to be put onto disc last year; got a snotty letter back saying they 'don't appreciate that sort of footage' - he'd forgotten a little home movie that he'd taken on one of them of himself and his then girlfriend

FUBAR

Quoting: Big Mouse
he'd forgotten a little home movie that he'd taken on one of them of himself and his then girlfriend

Hahaha
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Big Mouse

Just checked it, its the H8 version not the Hi8 but you're welcome to try it

Roadkill