Author Topic: Roadkill Brewery Co. (THE BEER THREAD)  (Read 16108 times)

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
Roadkill Brewery Co. (THE BEER THREAD)
« Reply #250 on: January 15, 2014, 01:45:42 pm »

Roadkill

« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2014, 12:27:34 pm »
Just ordered 2 more 25L Fermenting bins and 2 lots of Yeast nutrient from Wilco - £18.38 delivered !!

Impressed.

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2014, 08:05:23 pm »
Just had a St Peters Golden Ale kit delivered from Amazon ( bigger jugs) £26.  Hopefully get a chance to kick it off over the next week

Roadkill

« Reply #253 on: May 14, 2014, 12:35:21 pm »
Got my first Cider kit on the go . . . . another freebie courtesy of Lakelands of course.

It's a Pear and Strawberry one, apparently.  Makes 10 Litres.

One odd thing, though . . It asks for 12 x 750ml flip-top bottles !!!???

I've got some 750ml wine bottles but I'm guessing they won't be strong enough ?

The other option is the Grolsch bottles I got from Ryan . . but they're only 500ml, so I'd need 20-21 and I only have 16 (have asked for another crate from Ryan).

Never heard of 750ml flip-top bottles before, though ???

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2014, 07:45:52 pm »
FYI. 20% off Homebrew stuff at Wilko

Roadkill

« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2015, 02:07:21 pm »
Well, the Cider's all gone, drank that after my last 3 kegs ran out.

Speaking of which the "system" worked perfectly . . . in fact, seeing as there were 3 kegs to choose from, even drinking 2-3 pints on an almost daily basis was fine as the pressure in the kegs naturally built up meaning I only used 8 CO2 bulbs across the whole batch ! (and that was towards the end when the liquid volume was really low).

Anyhow -

I got bought 2 Ruby Ale kits for Christmas but held-fire until I had a third kit which came in the way of a Milestone's IPA (£14 after discount from Lakeland).

All three are now in their barrels and building pressure nicely . . . the IPA, I think, will be a slow-maturer as the pressure is staying around the 2-3 psi, whereas the Ruby's are both at 7psi after less than a week.

I'm just finishing off a free 25-pint brew-in-the-bag jobbie that Lakeland made up for Christmas which was never drank . . . surprisingly not bad, considering, the taste is O.K, but there's little "depth" . . . still, it was free and already made !   I just had to leave it to settle for a couple of weeks after it was kicked about by Samantha.

Roadkill

« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2015, 10:04:04 am »
Quoting: Roadkill
I'm just finishing off a free 25-pint brew-in-the-bag jobbie that Lakeland made up for Christmas which was never drank . . . surprisingly not bad, considering, the taste is O.K, but there's little "depth" . . . still, it was free and already made ! I just had to leave it to settle for a couple of weeks after it was kicked about by Samantha.

Turns out there was another one made up that was never started.

BAM !

More free, ready brewed Beer !

I was careful with this last one, so I didn't shake it up too much . . . . Hopefully it'll be clear by Friday as that's when the one on the left will run out.

This new one should carry me nicely to when my 3 kegs are matured.

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2015, 11:04:38 am »
I've seen the brew in a bag reviews on forums...

People said they would not buy them again...
Wot do you think...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2015, 12:57:09 pm »
I don't know much they cost but they do taste cheap.

I think if you were just getting into brewing or didn't plan to do it regularly (so didn't want to invest in the kit) then it'd be fine.

These have been brewing/maturing since November so are probably more mature than most would drink them at - which helps.

So, in short, if you've got the kit - do it properly, it's worth it.  

If not, it's a good starting point - just leave them to mature as much as possible.

Roadkill

Re: Roadkill Brewery Co. (THE BEER THREAD)
« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2015, 07:27:23 pm »
My home-bar "system" has now seen nearly 250 pints over 2 batches of 3 kegs through it with no issues.

I've got 3 more lots in their respective buckets that'll be ready to barrel early next month.

:up:

On a side note my last brew was barrelled on 16th February and the last few pints in the last keg are still coming through good and crystal clear . . . making it over 8 months in the keg with no refrigeration or CO2 added.

Pretty impressive in itself, I reckon (and surprising it even lasted that long) !!!