Author Topic: New forum suggestions  (Read 1832 times)

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
New forum suggestions
« on: February 28, 2015, 08:33:30 pm »
i'm open to suggestions on the default number of posts and topics per page (currently 25), and also the number of recent posts at the bottom (currently 15)

Roadkill

Re: New forum suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 01:30:12 pm »
As mentioned before, I think it'd be a good time to delete anyone who's been inactive for, say, 3 years+ and anyone signed up and has never posted (who looks like a spammer).

I also think anyone who's not been active recently (within 3 years) should be sent an email in a few weeks reminding them that the forum has been re-worked and invite them to join . . . . If they don't after this, I suggest deleting them, too.

Sounds harsh, but we've got a lot of deadwood.

Roadkill

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:33:50 pm »
Also, what's your plan for the original home page ?  :chiny:

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 03:57:59 pm »
As mentioned before, I think it'd be a good time to delete anyone who's been inactive for, say, 3 years+ and anyone signed up and has never posted (who looks like a spammer).

I also think anyone who's not been active recently (within 3 years) should be sent an email in a few weeks reminding them that the forum has been re-worked and invite them to join . . . . If they don't after this, I suggest deleting them, too.

Sounds harsh, but we've got a lot of deadwood.

Anyone that looks like a spammer has been removed already, if they are from Ukraine, russia etc it's normally fairly easy to tell and trash their account.

In terms of the non active users, yeah could do, not sure what benefit we'd get though....doesn't hurt keeping old / inactive accounts - could be fun as we'd need to either remove their posts or have posts not associated to a person thereby when looking at old topics you'd have replies but no way of telling who replied....

More than happy to re-send an email in a month or so trying to get people to come back?

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 04:06:12 pm »

Basically a very simplified, cut down version of what's there at the moment (using the same design possibly) - only having a few pages:
About MKB
Contact Us
Link to Forum
Link to Gallery

Roadkill

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 04:41:29 pm »

Basically a very simplified, cut down version of what's there at the moment (using the same design possibly) - only having a few pages:
About MKB
Contact Us
Link to Forum
Link to Gallery

O.K, I think we'd need to re-write the "About MKB" bit to make sure we were accurate in what we were saying . . . if you know what I mean.

Contacts . . ?  Like to site admin ?

Link to the forum - obvious, yeah.

Gallery . . . that's so far out of date, now . . it's a relic, really (unfortunately) . . . I don't see much point unless it's updated and we don't (honestly) tend to do things as a "car club" any more . . . Dunno on that one.

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 05:53:26 pm »

About MKB
Contact Us
Link to Forum
Link to Gallery

O.K, I think we'd need to re-write the "About MKB" bit to make sure we were accurate in what we were saying . . . if you know what I mean.

Contacts . . ?  Like to site admin ?

Link to the forum - obvious, yeah.

Gallery . . . that's so far out of date, now . . it's a relic, really (unfortunately) . . . I don't see much point unless it's updated and we don't (honestly) tend to do things as a "car club" any more . . . Dunno on that one.

Yeah definitely would need changing the wording of it, but fairly easy thing to do.

Basically yeah an email address for any queries or problems etc (so the admin@mkb.cc one)

Gallery - i know what you're saying but i quite like it and it's nice to look back, and hopefully if we promote it's use a bit more, people may upload pics to it again from any shows /events this year, i know i've been bad at uploading but then not really done many shows where i taken any pics last year....fingers cross this year be different!