Author Topic: Show New Replies to Your Posts  (Read 1316 times)

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
Show New Replies to Your Posts
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:11:22 am »
Currently we have:

Show unread posts since last visit. (Shows all new posts since your last visit).
Show new replies to your posts. (Shows new posts since your last visit but just the threads you are participating in).

However, a couple of times now I have wanted to link to an old post of mine and to do that I have had to find the thread which is quite difficult.

The only way I have found of doing it is to click on your name to get to your profile and then 'Show Posts', but that displays them as actual posts instead of threads. 

Is it possible to change the 'Show New Replies to Your Posts' link to just show all of your posts? That way, you can view all of your threads you are participating in and any which have new replies will be at the top with a notification.  :pass:

:adminpower:

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

ianjpage

• Administrator
  • Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Re: Show New Replies to Your Posts
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 10:10:24 am »
The only way I have found of doing it is to click on your name to get to your profile and then 'Show Posts', but that displays them as actual posts instead of threads. 

Next to that, on the theme i've got set, it has a "Topics" option - is this not there for you?

In terms of changing it, i'm not sure as that'd be a major change to the way it works - i'll look and see but not hopeful on being able to do it

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 11:21:52 am »
Okay, I thought I would ask incase it was a simple 'check-box' change or something.  :typo:

it has a "Topics" option - is this not there for you?

Yes there is, but it still displays it as each post, rather than a list of topics?  :pass:

Incursus

• Blinged Up Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 11:48:05 am »
If you use the Tapatalk app that will show discussions as Unread, Participated and Timeline... Not that it helps you much on a PC.. 😁

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 04:56:03 pm »
Thanks, useful to know though if I start using TapaTalk.  :wink: