Author Topic: Roadkill's 1999 VN1500 J1 Drifter  (Read 999 times)

Roadkill

Roadkill's 1999 VN1500 J1 Drifter
« on: April 27, 2015, 01:29:42 pm »
Thought I'd start a little project for this one . . . picked it up at the weekend for an absolute bargain.

Mechanically sound, some surface corrosion but 12 month's MoT.  Up-rated Shocks & Springs, up-rated brakes, custom exhaust.

1500cc, Fuel injected, shaft-drive and she's an utter monster !  Plenty of power and bucket-loads of torque !!!

The short term plan is basically nothing . . . She doesn't need anything and I'm too busy to do anything so she'll just get used occasionally til things have calmed down a bit.

Long term plan is to basically service all the mechanics but make some changes to her appearance . . . the massive seat and grab-rail will go, in favour of a single seat, the ugly rear number plate bracket will go and she'll be getting a re-paint in time . . . . I've not thought too much about it but I reckon a pale blue would work, with possibly the wheels powder-coated black.

We'll see.

It was good to be back on 2 wheels . . . even if the weather for the ride back from Surrey on Sunday was horrendous !!!

:poop:

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
Re: Roadkill's 1999 VN1500 J1 Drifter
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 07:23:48 am »
Nice...riding bikes defiantly makes you smile..
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 03:06:26 pm »
Not into bikes, but that is :cowboy:
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

FUBAR

• Big Daddy Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 06:21:18 pm »
Looks good :cool:
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 12:30:55 pm »
Although not intending to actually do anything on the bike for a year or two, I did remove the horrible rear number plate and bracket . . . and have a few ideas on re-configuring the rear lights to smooth-out the lines at the back. 
The number plate obviously needs to go back on but it's given me some ideas . . . .

Should be getting my crash helmet back soon (I've been loaning it out) so I can take her out for a run.  :up:

Roadkill

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 09:36:39 am »
Thought I'd put this picture up . . . the rear mud guard has some lovely lines but the dodgy number plate bracket (removed here) really wrecks that . . .

Does anyone know if you can have dual brake lights on a bike (like on a car) ???

I have an idea . . . . . :chiny: