Nightmare from Stratford !

Started by F Body, June 26, 2006, 01:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

After leaving Stratford after the football had started we were expecting an easy journey home ?

Wrong - Doh !

We have travelled a couple of miles down the A45 when it came to a complete stop , someone about a mile ahead had hit a bridge sideways and the road was closed.

First of all we had the emergency vehicles forcing there way through ( 2 traffic lanes without a hard shoulder ) and then the air ambulance landing.

We sat and played Monoply on the armco for two hours

2001SS

Incursus

Quoting: F Body
After leaving Stratford after the football had started we were expecting an easy journey home ?

Wrong - Doh !

We have travelled a couple of miles down the A45 when it came to a complete stop , someone about a mile ahead had hit a bridge sideways and the road was closed.

First of all we had the emergency vehicles forcing there way through ( 2 traffic lanes without a hard shoulder ) and then the air ambulance landing.

We sat and played Monoply on the armco for two hours

Thanks to your warning though the rest of us went the other way

Cheers for taking one for the team

55starchief

Quoting: Incursus
Thanks to your warning though the rest of us went the other way

Actualy we went several other ways although the gigady on the way through stratford was worth the turn arounds till we found the right road.

Giblets

I didn't quite have it that bad, but travelling back along the A421 through MK on Saturday was a nightmare thanks to the Take That gig at the bowl!

Thank god for my manual engine fan switch, or I would have boiled over.

The coolant was still bubbling away 20 mins after parking on my drive when I got back, although I was flooring it in spells!

Roadkill

Yeah.

Certainly had the scenic route on the way back.

That 16% hill on the A422 certainly showed up the Caddy's poor compression.

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
That 16% hill on the A422 certainly showed up the Caddy's poor compression.

Also that turn around in that junction showed the poor turning ccircle of her as well

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
Also that turn around in that junction showed the poor turning ccircle of her as well

Yeah, but the rear bumper nearly hit the deck when I planted it away.