New Camaro to be built in ?

Started by F Body, August 29, 2006, 01:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

General Motors announced that its Oshawa, Ontario plant had been selected to build the new Camaro !

Currently the two-line Oshawa car plant builds the Chevy Impala and Monte Carlo, alongside the Buick LaCrosse, Allure and Pontiac Grand Prix.

When GM converts one of the two production lines to the Camaro's Zeta platform, and builds a new flexible manufacturing system at the same time at a total cost of $660 million, the assumption is that the plant will also get future models built on the new Zeta architecture.

The plant's new flexible manufacturing system will make it easy to fold new models into the production stream quickly, and in fact, the system could accomodate RWD, FWD and AWD vehicles simultaneously.

Canada for the win

philoldsmobile

ianjpage

Quoting: philoldsmobile
better tthan china or korea!

too true!!

Roadkill

New Camaro ?

If I start saving now - I could have one by 2017

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill

Yeah ditto, give em a few years to get it right first...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

55starchief

better tthan china or korea!

Well thats where most of the parts will come form, just assembled in canada and labeled built in america with pride

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
assembled in canada and labeled built in america with pride

Yeah, sounds a'boot right.

55starchief

assembled in canada and labeled built in america with pride

Yeah, sounds a'boot right.

America is one of the only countries o know of that still brands stuff made in the USA even if it isnt

Roadkill

When the lable says "Made in America" it's probably, actually referring TO the label, not the contents.

ianjpage

When the lable says "Made in America" it's probably, actually referring TO the label, not the contents.

ahhhh that would explain it

Roadkill

I think Marks and Spencer were found guilty of that in the late 80's when they first started shipping production of their clothes out to china etc . . .

philoldsmobile

sad fact.... the only car 100% made in America is the US market toyota corolla..

ianjpage

sad fact.... the only car 100% made in America is the US market toyota corolla..

Incursus

New Camaro ?

I think i'll keep my savings for the new Challenger

55starchief

Sad fact is by 2009 GM have missed the boat with the retro muscle car look. Even dodge were slow to react and ford dealers are now seeing a lot of used mustangs as the trend is strating to move away

sixpack2639

Canada can have em! It's a poor attempt at a retro look in my opinion! GM could have done much better!!

Kudos to Ford with the Mustang and Dodge with the Challenger!! They did their homework IMO!!

Roadkill

Sad fact is by 2009 GM have missed the boat with the retro muscle car look. Even dodge were slow to react and ford dealers are now seeing a lot of used mustangs as the trend is strating to move away

Alas, true.

Quoting: sixpack2639
Kudos to Ford with the Mustang and Dodge with the Challenger!! They did their homework IMO!!

Again true.  Although the new Challenger is nice the Charger is hideous.

And 4-Door.

sixpack2639

Again true. Although the new Challenger is nice the Charger is hideous.

And 4-Door.

AGREED!!

Incursus

Charger is hideous.

And 4-Door.

Indeed

Though SRT8's not bad imho